Wanted WTB: CT 26 for a 1 HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Title says it all. I just cut a deal on a 1HZ and now all I need is the CT 26 to liven it up.

I don't know too much aout the ct26s but i know of one that was recently rebuilt by a professional here by me. it is the 3SGTE (mr2 and celica alltrac) version. I can get pics and can arrange sale for my buddy. He would like to get the $450 out that he spent on the rebuild. It was done by a master rebuilder here in CO.

Here is a thread I posted earler (before the snow came!).
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-jdm-parts/245231-ct26-available.html

K

I don't know too much aout the ct26s but i know of one that was recently rebuilt by a professional here by me. it is the 3SGTE (mr2 and celica alltrac) version. I can get pics and can arrange sale for my buddy. He would like to get the $450 out that he spent on the rebuild. It was done by a master rebuilder here in CO.

Here is a thread I posted earler (before the snow came!).
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-jdm-parts/245231-ct26-available.html

K

K,
Thanks for the reply. Can you ask him to let you know what exactly he replaced in the rebuild. Once I have that info I'll take it.
John

looking for a whole kit, or just the turbo? I just bought a kit from All-American Imports and posted info on my build thread:

Turbo - I did it. After a couple years of saving I finally threw down for a turbo kit for the 1HZ. :cool: I went with a kit from All-American Imports out of the Netherlands. What I liked about this kit is that it uses a lot of Toyota parts including a CT26 turbo, HDT exhaust manifold, and boost compensator for the fuel pump all for a pretty fair price. It came to a little over US$2400 at today's exchange rates including shipping to the US. No intercooler, at least for now, and I plan to keep boost at a modest level to maximize fuel economy and reliability. We'll see how long that lasts. :D

Quick Sidebar: I have to give props to Maarten at AAI who has been putting up with me for the last two years. Seriously, I have been emailing him since March 2006 about this kit. He has been amazingly helpful (and patient) with answering my questions, finding the most inexpensive shipping method and piecing together a "custom" kit for my somewhat unconventional application. For a while, I was even considering to buy everything but the CT26 and getting a Garrett domestically instead to try and save a buck. Maarten was happy to accommodate, but with the euro down I just decided to pony up for the whole shebang. He had earned the business, and I probably would have spent the same money and a lot more time in the end regardless.

Complete post with pics: IH8MUD Forums - View Single Post - Project Overland

At $2400.00 that kit looks really nice but is way more then I planned on spending. As such for now, I'll stick with just the turbo.

Update: he has a new kid so it's been hard to nail him down. Will keep trying and will get back to you as soon as he does! :)

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom