Would you tow a 40 behind a full size Range Rover? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife drives a full-size RRSC. Really nice car. I, on the other hand and being the male in the family, have a regular 'ol F150. When I finished the body work on the 40, I towed it from CO to TX on my 16' trailer with no problems starting or stopping. Gas mileage absolutely sucked, but I hit strong head winds the entire way trying to outrun a storm. Could I tow it with the RR? You bet. WOULD I tow it with the RR? Hell no. Do you know how much those damn things cost?

This thread is funny.

Why would you go to the trouble and expense of towing for a "relatively short trip"? x2 on "drive it".

Operative word: "relatively". It's a 375 mile trip. Relatively flat, East coast drive.

Operative word: "relatively". It's a 375 mile trip. Relatively flat, East coast drive.

For the Lakes Basin trip I drove my '76 fj40 SOA with a 2f and a 4 speed about 500 miles round trip with the bikini top and half doors. About 1/4 of the trip was at night in the Sierras, arrving at camp after a couple miles 4 wheeling at 1am. Granted I didn't have a wife and kids whining at me, but it was awesome and I wish I was doing it again this weekend.

yeah i think you better stick with your old cruiser,be too much technology in a late model rig for you i feel,been a while since you been out n about hey?

...via IH8MUD app
Uh oh... someone had pee in the Poast Toasties. I have a 2013 Avalon Limited in the driveway. Drive by wire, not a big fan of the new stuff.
Range Rover vs Avalon who's car do you think will break down first?

Uh oh... someone had pee in the Poast Toasties. I have a 2013 Avalon Limited in the driveway. Drive by wire, not a big fan of the new stuff.
Range Rover vs Avalon who's car do you think will break down first?
nah just takin the piss,not a fan of some new stuff myself,my newest car is my 77 FJ40

For the Lakes Basin trip I drove my '76 fj40 SOA with a 2f and a 4 speed about 500 miles round trip with the bikini top and half doors. About 1/4 of the trip was at night in the Sierras, arrving at camp after a couple miles 4 wheeling at 1am. Granted I didn't have a wife and kids whining at me, but it was awesome and I wish I was doing it again this weekend.

Well...I've got a 74' with a 3spd 350. 700 miles round trip was daunting since I've had it for all of 6 weeks and have been working on just getting it reliable.

Agree though..my goal is to bring it to Nantucket next year. Fly my family and drive myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom