Workshop manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to purchase a Land Cruiser Manual. Can you guys suggest which one is good to have for general use for DIY?
Thanks again.

If you can only afford one then get the FSM. There are also Haynes, Chilton, and Gregory manuals but they should be used as a supplemental source. The Toyota EWD is also a nice manual (thanks C-Dan!) if you plan to do electrical mods.

Do a search or wait for someone to post the link to the Toyota manuals. You can also get them from your local dealer or C-Dan can get the OEM manuals for you at a good price.

-B-

Is that the one for $81.00 or so??? I have an old 93 repair manual, and just ordered a new 97 since that is what I have now. I guess there are seceral manuals to have, some broken down into specific areas of interest like the eletrical, but do you think that the factory repair manual would have most of that detail and troubleshooting data?

One should ultimately own all of the service manuals and use each one depending on what it is you are working on.

Imagery,
For your '97 there is the FSM (Factory Service Manual), the EWD (Electronic Wiring Diagrams), and the transmission service manual. Since your 343 tranny is unlikely to *ever* need service and it is unlikely you would attempt service even with the manual, don't bother buying that one.

The FSM is the one to get and the list price is probably close to $100. PM C-Dan or call the 800 number; either will get you the OEM manual.

-B-

Thanks Beowulf...Iyou are right about the transmission, but the others would serve me well. I ordered a manual from MAF for the '97 but I am not exactly which one it is....I think it is like the one I got for my '93. I think it has a green cover with the LC on front??? It was about $81.00 so hopefully it is the OEM manual. I went to the dealership and they gave me a catalog by a company who prints the Toyota manuals, and I do see the seperate ones as well as the big one like I have ordered and the list price is still the $81.00.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

I thought I read somewhere that they have 1 manual now for the 97? Like they merged all the info into 1 huge book. Not sure where I read this. Anyone else heard of such a thing?

I would like to own it if it exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom