Workday oct28 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Everyone – I hope you’re all doing well. Can you believe it is October already?? BTW, the trails will be staying open until 8 am Monday, Dec 18th.

Our next Work Day is October 28th due to the Uwharrie Jamboree that is this weekend. I’ll be missing this work day because my son, Zach will be in his very last high school marching band competition up at Appalachian State. Some of you have met him on a few of the workdays he’s participated in on the OHV trails over the past 4 years. Annilie will meet you at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am.

The main project this month will include dragging 2 sections of long guardrails down to the very end of Moccasin Creek Road. If anyone has a vehicle that can drag 2 long rails from Slab Pile Trail down to the end of Moccasin Creek Road (FR576) that would be great. The best route to take would be Slab Pile back to Wolf Den Trailhead then west on Moccasin Creek Road. All of the posts will already be in Annilie’s pick up. We’re having issues of people driving off the road and tearing the area up. Other tasks that can be done that day is to use shovels to dig out the tail ditches of the rolling dips, pick up trash, clear any large branches or trees off the trail, cut back brush and overhanging branches.

I really appreciate your continued help and support on the forest. We’ve had a really busy year with the Backcountry Horsemen, NCYCC, Uwharrie Trailblazers and all of the OHV clubs. Annilie and I have been doing our best to work with the different groups as much as possible. I want you all to know that you’re great partners and volunteers. We’re getting our grant funds (finally) coming in. We should be able to start the motorized trail maintenance in December & we should be constructing Lakeview Trail next spring/summer!!!!!

Take care. Bye - Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom