Wiring roof rack light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Gobi Stealth that I want to mount lights on..Can anyone tell me how they ran there wiring inot the cab or does anyone have any pictures of ho they did it..

Thank you

Did anyone of you have to drill a hole int he roof to get the wiring into the cab? i am puttin lights on the arb rack and was told at the dealership they drill a hole under the rack mount? and ideas ?
Thanks

Did anyone of you have to drill a hole int he roof to get the wiring into the cab? i am puttin lights on the arb rack and was told at the dealership they drill a hole under the rack mount? and ideas ?
Thanks

I really didn't want to drill a hole in the roof or run it down the exterior A pillar, so I ran the wiring backwards and down the rear. Wires entered the door jam conduit into the rear driver side cubby with the bottle jack.

I ran the power from my 2ndary batt through the firewall on the driver's side, along the door sill, then connected power to a Fuse block. several trigger wires were also installed at the same time.

Now I have all the relays and connections in the cubby and two switches to the left of the steering wheel controlling the rear fogs and the front drivers on my Gobi Stealth.

will look for picts and post.

T

I really didn't want to drill a hole in the roof or run it down the exterior A pillar, so I ran the wiring backwards and down the rear. Wires entered the door jam conduit into the rear driver side cubby with the bottle jack.

I ran the power from my 2ndary batt through the firewall on the driver's side, along the door sill, then connected power to a Fuse block. several trigger wires were also installed at the same time.

Now I have all the relays and connections in the cubby and two switches to the left of the steering wheel controlling the rear fogs and the front drivers on my Gobi Stealth.

will look for picts and post.

T

Possible for pics? If you get a chance that is. That seems SAFER, but not as clean as I'd want it to be...besides, when I add XM I'll have to drill a hole in the roof anyway, or run it down the front pillar....:bang:

Possible for pics? If you get a chance that is. That seems SAFER, but not as clean as I'd want it to be...besides, when I add XM I'll have to drill a hole in the roof anyway, or run it down the front pillar....:bang:

will look for them tonight and post.
as for XM, theres a good install build on fjforums for a no drill alternative.

As for Safer, clean, it's all relative. to me it's all good.

1. there's plenty of space for all the wiring and relays in back!
there's minimal room under the steering for everything.
2. no drilling needed and no risk of leaking in the roof
3. ability to add other things in back like extra 12V outlet, rear camera
4. already running wiring for CB antennae off the Bandi mount, so did everything at one time!

T

will look for them tonight and post.
as for XM, theres a good install build on fjforums for a no drill alternative.

As for Safer, clean, it's all relative. to me it's all good.

1. there's plenty of space for all the wiring and relays in back!
there's minimal room under the steering for everything.
2. no drilling needed and no risk of leaking in the roof
3. ability to add other things in back like extra 12V outlet, rear camera
4. already running wiring for CB antennae off the Bandi mount, so did everything at one time!

T

If you silcone the hole you drilled after you run the wires through and get them set, then you should be fine...can't see why it would leak unless someone did a poor job at silconeing or used a subpar sealer.

If you silcone the hole you drilled after you run the wires through and get them set, then you should be fine...can't see why it would leak unless someone did a poor job at silconeing or used a subpar sealer.

ok I just didn't want to drill.

T

Wiring Roof Lights from the back

ran power wire through driver side firewall
1.jpg

Ran wiring along door sill.
2.jpg

ended wire in driver side rear storage area (Jack/tools)
3.jpg

On the roof, ran all wires to the back.
4.jpg

removed rear gutter cover, cut access hole and ran wire under cover and through.
5.jpg

then ran down side in through door conduit
7.jpg

So far works well for me and reversable if need be.

Cheers!

T

I just ran mine down the A-Pillar between the glass and the seal. Looks very clean. I don't really recommend running the wires backwards unless you are using very high quality wires. You will be losing so much power by running a 30+ foot wire for power. PM if anyone wants pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom