Wiring harness options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hay guys, I've been reading all the hate about painless wiring harnesses and its competitor's. Anybody got other suggestions. They seem like a good start. If I chose to built my own, where could I find other wire colors beyond what's at NAPA? I've got bear and broken wires. Most of my gages don't work and I prefer getting home before dark just incase I hit a bump and the lights turn off on me. Its happened, so I'd like to get it done before a fire

I have used a kwik wiring harness. An alternative to Painless kits. Came with a prior truck I had. Both kits are easy if you label everything well disconnecting, take plenty of pictures and print out a large FSM wiring schematic for your year cruiser and a highlighter.

Aftermarkets are not bad, not sure why so much hate. Just take your time.

As to wires and such, Coolerman on here sells supplies as well as refurbishes wiring harnesses IIRC.

Nik

I'm not a member, I'm in Colorado, but Coolerman and ToyotaMatt will have OEM connectors and terminals. I have gone away from OEM connectors and use Aptiv Weather Pack and Metri Pack connectors. You can get them at Waytek, DellCity and other suppliers.

Coolerman, Sherco and Harley Stripe have the wire.

The only aftermarket I have experience with is Painless and they should be run out of business just for the lie in the name!! Anything but!! Just my $0.02!!:bounce::bounce:

Lol, didn't see this one til this morning, bit I follow the "new post" indicators so if your posting, im following

Sorry for the delay I've been concentrating on school. Yes everybody I have spoken to says take lots of pictures and label everything before disassembly and don't through anything away incase you need to reference it later. I am familiar with how to reuse block connectors/plugs, simply hit the release on the connector head and the wire slides out. Pull a new wire through, crimp a new connector and seat it in the block. I like the idea of weather resistant plugs however. Sounds like I'll be reaching out to Coolerman here in the near future

There are plenty of examples here on mud of what the harness looks like out of the truck. That would be the easiest way to do a refurbishment of the harness. Look in the faqs for the land cruiser you are working on and get a FSM wiring diagram too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom