Windshield wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently got my Fj and ever since I got it my windshield wipers have made an awful noise. I'm guessing they need to be replaced. Any preferences or suggestions?

I used to go through a lot of wipers from the dust in the summer and the ice in the winter. I was then told I should try the Toyota Sightline wiper blades. I got over a year out of them easily and they worked great. Several on the FJ forum have used them too over the years.

SIGHTLINEFJ.JPG

new wipers should solve the problem... I'm still a fan of replacing OEM rubber rather than aftermarket replacements and I've tried a bunch... but never seems to be a dealer around when you need to grab new blades. :)

I only use the genuine Toyota ones, and one time I tried Toyotas blades only, and they made a lot of noise.
What my dealer does is order me the whole assembly with the blade and holder, as it is a different rubber than just the Toyota replacement.
No noises whatsoever.

FROM the factory my FJ had the 16 inch wiper on the passenger side???? Doh. When I fixed this the original wipers lasted 2 years. Ca sun here really deteriorates wipers , so I use a "summer" set and a "winter" set. My current winter set were Anco and lasted well. I just changed to my summer set that are cheapies cos I know they will be shot by October. I may try Toyota wipers next October, they have to come off in May though.
I never had "noise" with my wipers, though my wifes car did and it was because the spring tension was too high keeping the wiper on the glass and was adjustable. Not sure it is adjustable on an FJ. I would buy my Toyota wipers from online, try trdparts4u.com. I never want to drive to the dealer when someone will ship free to my house!!

I only use the genuine Toyota ones, and one time I tried Toyota blades only, and they made a lot of noise.
What my dealer does is order me the whole assembly with the blade and holder, as it is a different rubber than just the Toyota replacement.
No noises whatsoever.

On my old '90 Toyota pickup I replaced the stock wiper blades that came on it with some new ones from Toyota and they were crap. Comparing them the replacements were a harder rubber so I started replacing the whole assembly like you until the parts man was able to start stocking the softer blades and then I was able to only have to change them. They wore out faster, but damn they worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom