Windshield Tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tinted their front windshield? I am tired of getting inside a burning vehicle and melting my rear off. Any advice appreciated.

Does the LX570 have a IR film glass?

Sorry to not have info, hope you don't mind adding on questions.

I had my front side windows tinted to match rear OEM glass, and sometimes I notice a bit of rainbow effect when wearing polarized glasses.

If anyone responds to having their windshield tinted, are there any polarized glasses effects from the stretching of the film?

I just recently bought a LX570 and tinted the front windshield and front doors with ceramic tint, 35% on the windshield, 20% on the doors. I haven't noticed any adverse effect on the windshield wearing polarized glasses. Does however keep it nice and cool in the truck and the sun off for sure. Makes for a pleasant drive on the highway. I have not however taken the truck off road, at night. Not sure how much effect it would have in that situation. This is the first vehicle I have tinted a windshield on. MS summer sun is rough!!!

I have a tinted windshield. I have clear IR film on it so no actual tint but it reduces the heat that enters the vehicle by an insane amount. When you first get it done, you'll notice some rainbow like colors with polarized sunglasses but you don't notice it after a short time. I had this done on my Tacoma as well.

I'm not aware of clear IR film is that better than the typical smoke tint? My goal is to reduce heat. Smoke tint would match the rest of my windows and I'm slightly concerned about getting a ticket when I travel out of state/country. Not to concerned about visibility but would loe it if it reduced light intensity from high beam bulbs.

Some people get a note from their personal doctor to carry with them for the windshield or darker tints which legalizes it. I'm not sure what the note says.

In states I have lived in it is illegal to tint front windshield below the A line. I just use those sun screens and keep them in folded up in drive door pocket when not in use. Check you state or local laws before apply any tint to front windshield. Good Luck with what ever you choose.

I believe it's this (its been a few years).

I'm thinking about the Clear tint but I think it shouldn't cost that much? I paid ~$200 for tinting all my windows. See below quote I got just now from a local shop.

LLumar Ceramic Air80 - $220.00 Windshield Only
LLumar Ceramic Air 80 will upgrade your factory window glass with more protection from heat, glare, and a shield against 99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. This film is barely detectable and enhances performance without altering your vehicle’s exterior look, or your views of the road.

I'm thinking about the Clear tint but I think it shouldn't cost that much? I paid ~$200 for tinting all my windows. See below quote I got just now from a local shop.

LLumar Ceramic Air80 - $220.00 Windshield Only
LLumar Ceramic Air 80 will upgrade your factory window glass with more protection from heat, glare, and a shield against 99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. This film is barely detectable and enhances performance without altering your vehicle’s exterior look, or your views of the road.

I paid 125.00, two years ago. The total tint job was 400 though. I almost cant put a price on good tint in Las Vegas though.

My buddy just called and told me ceramic tints are WAY better than regular tints. Any feedback? I believe ceramic tints are much more expensive.

I'm hesitant to spend money on the windshield as I have 2-3 chips and a mini crack on it. It hasn't moved in 4 years. I did find the film on ebay for $7. ebay

I have Llumar ceramic Air 90 Clear on my windowsheilds of both my LC200 and a 2017 Lotus, both on since new. I love this stuff in Texas sun and heat, the coating focuses on cutting down IR not just UV while not effecting visible light transmission. Th only negative is a word of warning, when changing out registration stickers, do not forget its there .. a razor blade can not be used to peel the old sticker.

My buddy just called and told me ceramic tints are WAY better than regular tints. Any feedback? I believe ceramic tints are much more expensive.

I'm hesitant to spend money on the windshield as I have 2-3 chips and a mini crack on it. It hasn't moved in 4 years. I did find the film on ebay for $7. ebay

Yea CTX ceramic is what I got which is why it was 400. I honestly cant remember why, but it was clear to go that route when I had to make a choice.

I have Llumar ceramic Air 90 Clear on my windowsheilds of both my LC200 and a 2017 Lotus, both on since new. I love this stuff in Texas sun and heat, the coating focuses on cutting down IR not just UV while not effecting visible light transmission. Th only negative is a word of warning, when changing out registration stickers, do not forget its there .. a razor blade can not be used to peel the old sticker.

I totally forgot about that darn Texas sticker! Thanks!

Ceramic is the way to go, had my wife’s BMW done all the way around and so much less heat from direct sun. I would do the LC, but the tinting on ceramic is a different color than the Toyota factory privacy glass. Can’t do front to match the back unless I just did clear all the way around to keep factory look. Wife’s BMW had no factory privacy glass so it was a good option for her rig.

I would like to get this done on all of my Cruisers, but am hesitant with the windshield inspection stickers that are required in NJ. For those of you with inspection stickers and windshield tint, how do you put on a new sticker?

Ceramic is the way to go, had my wife’s BMW done all the way around and so much less heat from direct sun. I would do the LC, but the tinting on ceramic is a different color than the Toyota factory privacy glass. Can’t do front to match the back unless I just did clear all the way around to keep factory look. Wife’s BMW had no factory privacy glass so it was a good option for her rig.

I had my LX fronts done in ceramic to match the rest. Looks great.

Thats one thing I was thinking about matching color. I had opposite problem with my LX470. I think they came with ugly ceramic tints. I did find some shop in hood quoting me $60 for front windshield. I might do it next week since my windshield is not perfect.

I'd try and keep it above 70% for legality and night visibility. Here's some popular options:
-Nanoflex Ceramic 72%
-Llumar AIR 80 or AIR 90
-Avery Dennison IR 75
-3M Ceramic IR 70 or Crystalline CR90 & CR70

On each of these, I'd look at the Total Solar Energy Reduction percentage to help determine what would keep your interior cool. There's also comparable stats on UV and Infrared rejection, glare, shade of tint (neutral charcoal or blue/green tinged), etc. Weighing all these against price and percentage of tint should help you make an informed decision.

I would like to get this done on all of my Cruisers, but am hesitant with the windshield inspection stickers that are required in NJ. For those of you with inspection stickers and windshield tint, how do you put on a new sticker?
When I had windshield tint on my 4Runner in TX, I just had them leave a small square cutout in the driver’s side lower corner for the registration and inspection stickers. It was hardly noticeable and allowed me to use a razor to scrape/remove the old and put in the new each year.

When I had windshield tint on my 4Runner in TX, I just had them leave a small square cutout in the driver’s side lower corner for the registration and inspection stickers. It was hardly noticeable and allowed me to use a razor to scrape/remove the old and put in the new each year.
I've just been folding over one tiny corner when applying the sticker, works fine to peel off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom