Windshield replacement recommendation around Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know a shop who knows how to install a windshield correctly for our 100? I have an annoying air leak at the top right corner. It sounds like a window is down when I'm driving on the freeway.

I’d try
Economy Auto Glass
14557 Calvert Street
Van Nuys, CA
818-786-7841

The guys name is Dirk. Does quality work. Have no personal experience with taking a 100 there but he did a factory job on my 80.

D

I’d try
Economy Auto Glass
14557 Calvert Street
Van Nuys, CA
818-786-7841

The guys name is Dirk. Does quality work. Have no personal experience with taking a 100 there but he did a factory job on my 80.

D

Thanks for the lead. I'll give him a call on Monday.

To follow up, I went to National Auto Glass on La Cienega, and they did a great job. No more wind noise for me. They do all the Lexus dealers glass in the area.

Anyone with a recommendation for the Orange County CA area or anywhere around Claremont/Pomona? Seems my go to guy Dirk at Economy has closed shop. The 100 needs a new windshield.

He's the Michael Jordan of auto glass replacement work. He actually competes in global windshield replacement competitions. Super friendly to boot!

He did a superb job on my 80-series which is a pretty laborious install (when doing it right).

Good luck!

Last edited:
CYKBC was spot on. Alfredo spent 3 hours on changing out the windshield with updates as he went along. Incredible attention to detail and a super nice guy.

Highly recommend,

Update: So I was able to get my insurance to install a brand new OEM windshield through Longo Toyota. Total bill was 1.7k! WOW! Only need to pay 100 deductible.

Update: So I was able to get my insurance to install a brand new OEM windshield through Longo Toyota. Total bill was 1.7k! WOW! Only need to pay 100 deductible.

wow that's awesome how'd you manage that great outcome? does yours have HUD?

What insurance you have?

wow that's awesome how'd you manage that great outcome? does yours have HUD?

What insurance you have?

No HUD.

I have Farmers. When I called Farmers directly they refuse at first and told me they would only cover up to $350. But when I spoke with Eddie Galvan @ Longo Toyota, he told me to open a claim first with Farmers. Once it was open, I told Farmers to contact Longo Toyota and my advisor there wrote up the repair order, and next day Farmers approved it. Now I can confirm Longo Toyota is their "prefer body shop". It means they somehow directly connected with the Farmer's internal claim system.

I also got my ISF windshield replaced there too. Surprising it was cheaper than the LC, 1.3k. '

Going to get it replace next week. Hopefully, it'll fix the annoying wind noise.

CYKBC was spot on. Alfredo spent 3 hours on changing out the windshield with updates as he went along. Incredible attention to detail and a super nice guy.

Highly recommend,
I just went to Alfredo's for a 100 series windshield install. I could not be happier.
Just about everything was wrong with my windshield; side trim with screws, which were loose, big gaps in the top trim due to windshield sagging down, rust in scratches under the adhesive. Rust was not bad and Alfredo could grind it out and prime it.
I had lots of wind noise due to the poor trim installation.
Alfredo kept me informed of everything during the job, showing me the details.
No wind noise after the job, trim installed with rivets, no gaps, looks great. And rust all gone.
He also installed new clips for the lower cowling.

I highly recommend Alfredo's Auto Glass near Corona, CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom