Windshield Removal - can the gasket be (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone know any special tricks to getting the factory windshield out without cutting the gasket? The one that's in mine is still in pretty nice shape. I need to remove mine because I'm fitting my Hardtop and windshield frame to my new gozzard tub and need to get some clamps in that area.

Or should I just bust out the razor blade and get new weatherstripping and not risk busting the glass?

http://ccor.topcities.com/matt.htm

Thanks, Matt

salvaged...I've used the same gasket for the past 4-5 windshields...hehehe. Just pull the locking strip from the main gasket, and carefully pull the glass. See the "glass install tips" in the tech links for some writeups/pics.

For all my glass I just ran butcher's twine under the inside lip of the gasket, pulled it tight to compress it, squirted all the way round with soapy water and popped her out. Just remember to take the windscreen wiper motor cover off first, or you'll probably break the windscreen when you try to pop it out, trust me...

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=6124;start=msg49172#msg49172 date=1065726837]
salvaged...I've used the same gasket for the past 4-5 windshields...hehehe. Just pull the locking strip from the main gasket, and carefully pull the glass. See the "glass install tips" in the tech links for some writeups/pics.
[/quote]

:-[ i can't find the link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom