Windshield gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there!

Was talked into replacing the windshield on my 1988 BJ74 RHD after having a few dings repaired… long story short, the glass shop ordered the wrong glass and Toyota gave me the wrong gasket.

I now have the right glass (TA-32A 0230) and am searching for the right gasket.

Rocky Mountain Import may have it, I’m waiting to hear back, but they won’t shell out the part number. I understand why but… I gotta be resourceful.

Any leads on the correct part number for a windshield gasket for an 88 bj74 2door FRP top RHD Japanese import?

Better yet- any leads on the actual part? 😬

Cheers!

Hey there!

Was talked into replacing the windshield on my 1988 BJ74 RHD after having a few dings repaired… long story short, the glass shop ordered the wrong glass and Toyota gave me the wrong gasket.

I now have the right glass (TA-32A 0230) and am searching for the right gasket.

Rocky Mountain Import may have it, I’m waiting to hear back, but they won’t shell out the part number. I understand why but… I gotta be resourceful.

Any leads on the correct part number for a windshield gasket for an 88 bj74 2door FRP top RHD Japanese import?

Better yet- any leads on the actual part? 😬

Cheers!
I had a look at cruiseroutfitters, and it says call for info...so that may not be any help. Had a flick through their cruiserteq site and didn't see it either.

Could call John Barron, (Radd) he might be more helpful?

Or the extreme bends guys in van
That ens place in sask deals with 70 series mine trucks, but I don't know about older parts.

Failing that the far away places like megazip or partsouq have pretty good breakdowns with part numbers.

Bored at work, so I looked at partsouq. Useful site for parts breakdowns if nothing else. Were pretty good for parts before fuel went insane, haven't actually tried since.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Toyota&ssd=$*KwEHMyI5WHZacWpzBV4pO19La2xyAwwBABIMPk4WRxAPFmkTQEAdFw4AT0tBWlUsGVxWXVcQDwcfEwoLGhcOEQcAAQATQEAXWxYJEHh2ewVZVj0XSU1EXFBzSk4BHRcOExACDAIAXlJcGRQRW0EWCRFOMj9ndX4QGRQRXA9ARBUWcXgCAGUcPCwmFxgTEENXEQtMDAtZWB8SF1JaVU5YXg1JAAAAANfC2vM=$&vid=0&cid=3&uid=361492&q=

Last edited:
Wow, amazing- and this includes the lock strip?

Latest update is that Toyota ordered another w/s (56121-90K03) but without the lock strip it won’t work.
I’m confused. So you ordered another windshield strip but you don’t have the factory lock strip anymore?
When the original glass was removed what did you do with the gasket and lock strip?
Thats why we suggested the CO version, it’s possible to buy a windshield strip that doesn‘t use
lock strip any more.

I’m confused. So you ordered another windshield strip but you don’t have the factory lock strip anymore?
When the original glass was removed what did you do with the gasket and lock strip?
Thats why we suggested the CO version, it’s possible to buy a windshield strip that doesn‘t use
lock strip any more.

I took it to a reputable glass shop, however they failed to check if the windshield fit before removing and destroying the original glass/w/s and lock strip 🤦🏽‍♀️

Now apparently the weatherstripping I have (2nd attempt for both w/s and glass) needs the lock strip and not sure if the one I have will work.

Waiting to hear back. It’s been a headache to say the least!

Should be easy to get the glass shop to pay up for a non-lock strip new gasket from
Cruiser Outfitters and you are on your way. Pretty poor they just ripped that old one
apart without realizing.

I have been advised on another forum thread that the chrome and lock strip are
in fact available to buy from Toyota. So maybe chicken that out?
I just took it as gospel when someone once told me it wasn’t available, I should
be more diligent and that before I believe what I’m told. My bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom