Windshield Antenna? CD Player? Are they related at all? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just had the windshield replaced on my 2007 Land Cruiser and they informed me the 'strip' antenna on the top of the inside of the windshield would not be able to be reinstalled. No problem! The previous owner told me that was from some security system from the original owner. (I'm the 3rd owner). I tell them to cut it and tuck the wire 'tail' up into the headliner.

Well I pick the truck up and now the CD player doesn't work. The screen says, "External System Not Connected". Hmmmm. So I google it and can't find any threads anywhere that relate the CD player function to such an antenna. I can understand if the previous owner was mistaken and now the CD player won't turn on because it doesn't recognize an antenna being installed (It's an open circuit now), but that begs the question of why a CD changer would NEED an antenna? Or even benefit from one?

So the next step in my logic is maybe it's the DVD player antenna, since it broadcasts to the radio. BUT it has to be 500mw or less, like every other 'broadcast' type of device that'd be used for phones, cd players, walkmans, etc, and those don't need a massive 6' wide antenna to operate so that doesn't pass the sniff test, and the DVD player and it's broadcast function work perfectly fine.

The radio 'receiver' on the bottom/backside of the center console that serves the 2nd row passengers WOULD need an antenna, and that COULD have been the antenna for that system, but why wouldn't they just share the motorized antenna? But assuming the windshield strip antenna DID serve the 2nd row reciever, why would the absence of an antenna stop the CD player from working, when the CD player is hard-wired into the radio. Odd.

So I'm stumped... From my googling, it doesn't seem the LC100 had any type of windshield antenna from the factory, so I'm looking for any advice or help that can be offered.

Thanks!

Last edited:
if you understand this, then this should be what you need. Everything powers on and functions without any antennas. There are quirks about who reports to whom but this should do it.

PXL_20211005_124544114.jpg

PXL_20211005_124553115.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom