window squeaking (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just put the hard top on the 40 and the drivers window is squeaking something fierce. driving me insane. Do i need new felt? Or is there a cheaper way to stop this? thanks

I'm guessin' it is metal on metal....not the glass. Check your weatherstripping.
If it is the glass it will be a rattle, most likely. That means you need to replace the window channel.

JMO

Ed

I agree with Ed. See if you can stop the squeek by pulling on the inner door handle while it is happening. Sometimes it means you need to adjust the door strike plate inward to hold the door tighter.

Most common cause of window squeak is the removable portion of the window track on the rear side of the door. Check down on the part of the door that faces the tub when shut...see 10mm bolt head about 2 feet down? Many times it's broken out of its hole or loose...tighten, or if broken out, use a large fender washer underneath it so it can tighten against the metal. Breaks out from having the door slammed all the time. If there's no bolt, and no hole for it to thread into, your track is lying down in the bottom of the door and needs to be reinstalled. Oh yeah...this only applies to 75 and later....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom