Winches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know that the Warn 10,000 or whatever will fit in the ARB bumper, but what ramseys?  I was just wondering which of those fit.  Thanks.

Oh and what would be a good pull rate to get? This will be for moderate wheelin nothin crazy. I was think 4.5ton.

The warn 12K seems to be the one to get for the ARB bar.

Stick w/ Warn. Either the 12k or 15k. I used to think the Supersuckwinch X9 was a good alternative - but they suck too much to even spend $1 on.

SW cost 1/2 the $ as the Warn so they should be 1/2 as good. If you use it 1/2 as much as a Worn it should be = to a Warn :stupid:
kurt

SW cost 1/2 the $ as the Warn so they should be 1/2 as good. If you use it 1/2 as much as a Worn it should be = to a Warn :stupid:
kurt
uh, yeah, it's half as good almost. little more than half of stuck if uck - put an f in front of it and that's what you'll be saying when it leaves you stuck. :takeacrap:

tiborasskisser_jpg.jpg

closest thing I could find next to an emoticon designed for that. maybe wench has one stored away

hopefully you know I was only kidding though anyway. :D

Ok, and with the Warns what has to be done to the winch/bar to make it fit with both the 12k and the 15k?

The winches fit fine - you'll have to drill one hole on each side of the roller fairlead. It will literally add 5 mins to your install. .... seriously, that's all there is to it.

So, Junk... Do you know anybody with the 15K in the ARB? I see where it's almost the same size as the 12K. Just haven't heard whether or not anybody had done it yet?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I asked ARB USA and ARB Australia about the 15k winch and they said the normal CYA BS, the 100 deluxe winch bar has not been tested with the Warn 15k winch.

Andrew
Raleigh, NC

I asked ARB about the 12K with the 80 Series Bar. They said it could only use a 10K - Said the bar would need MAJOR mods to accept the Warn 12K. Christo from Slee set the record straight, though.

:G :G :G

Junk is right-the 12k fits just fine. You do have to redrill the support hole in the fairlead only-do not drill the bumper itself. The fairlead is pretty heavy steel and I would estimate it ads 30 minutes to the install by the time you measure twice, and drill once(driving to the store to buy a better drill bit!). It is a very nice clean install. However, if I had it to do over again, I would buy the Slee front bumper because of the beefy recovery points and previous good experience with the Slee stuff.

However, if I had it to do over again, I would buy the Slee front bumper because of the beefy recovery points and previous good experience with the Slee stuff.
Can get you a deal on a used front Slee bumper if ya want :D.

Wob - yup, I know a guy with a 15k in an 80 series and no problem - same as the 12k. The 15k is slower and I don't think it has as much cable, but I'd go for strength being that I've stalled my 12k several times :eek: :ugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom