Winch question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did the bumper turn out?

the winch install went well... wiring went very well and got a chance to clean up some other existing wiring that looked ok to looking much better.
ran the wiring with a nice simple on/off breaker and it will be left in the off position unless in use.

I am not going to post pics of the winch and all yet because I have to clean up the box mount.... currently it is zip tied because the mount didnt arrive in time so once i get that done Ill post photos of everything...

Install went well and looks good.

Still a bit of wiring to clean up but it is 99% all done

And as you can see o went with the basic cut off switch for the power to the winch. Simple and reliable.

PXL_20240331_161617071.jpg

PXL_20240331_161553870.jpg

PXL_20240331_161544973.jpg

PXL_20240331_161549300.jpg

I installed a Tuffy flip up tag bracket... it doesnt sit flush when i have the clip against the Hawser but if I attached it to a tow point under the bumper it fits fine... Not sure if I want to roll like that cause if I hit a rock or something on the trail i dont want to damage the synthetic line.

Ahhh but the things we do to stay legal and have the front tag in place
PXL_20240409_172159141.jpg
PXL_20240409_172204799.jpg
PXL_20240409_172209773.jpg

When I bought mine I found that they come in different depths. The one I ordered doesn't exist on amazon anymore but on my truck it sits flush with the fairlead behind. I can try to measure it later if you want to know how far it sits out from the face of the bumper

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0711.png

I have the one made by Yankum Ropes...hookless to use with soft shackles and tucks up nice (and protects your line)...they have a vid on how to do the locking Brummell to make your own splice for the eye end that was pretty easy to do. Could be a solution for you, but they are not cheap.

I'm too cheap for that...but I definitely would love that fairlead

I have the one made by Yankum Ropes...hookless to use with soft shackles and tucks up nice (and protects your line)...they have a vid on how to do the locking Brummell to make your own splice for the eye end that was pretty easy to do. Could be a solution for you, but they are not cheap.

That is one bad ass looking fairlead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom