Willamette Blvd Service Center - Closing!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aww man...thats awful news.

I had hopes of having Josh do a diesel swap for me - wonder if he's leaving cruiser work completely - or moving locations?

anyone hear why they're closing? I've heard a few tidbits of info. anyone have anything concrete as to why?

That's very unfortunate. You couldn't ask for a more honest, hard-working shop who knew their cruisers!! I know Josh is a die-hard landcruiser enthusiast, let's hope he is just moving locations.

he said it was OK for me to share this...

"You could probably let them know I'm at least closed for the next few months while I sort things out and make a plan for the future. Once I get all these rigs that have been sitting around forever done and gone I might find out that I miss it. For now I have to clear out the lot and have a clean slate to figure out the next step."

this is good news!!

Josh and his dad Larry deserves some time to enjoy life,,, my guess is once they get the itch back , they will return to work , but more on a project base manor, and less of a “service shop” .
3EB55BB5-C477-4030-BE30-14C28E711EEA.jpeg

Such a great shop, really appreciate and respect him and his dad. I had a cooling issue close to the end of the year and he informed me he was closing soon when I called, but got me in literally the next day. They have always been extremely fast, professional, and not gouged on price (quite the opposite, in fact - feels like they should charge more given the fast, honest, and high quality service).

I hope it's not a forever closure, but I also respect him wanting to do something different - I wish them the best. And I'll keep my eye out for a hopeful eventual return.

Such a great shop, really appreciate and respect him and his dad. I had a cooling issue close to the end of the year and he informed me he was closing soon when I called, but got me in literally the next day. They have always been extremely fast, professional, and not gouged on price (quite the opposite, in fact - feels like they should charge more given the fast, honest, and high quality service).

I hope it's not a forever closure, but I also respect him wanting to do something different - I wish them the best. And I'll keep my eye out for a hopeful eventual return.
well stated....totally agree!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a new shop in the NW Portland / Beaverton area? I need to have a Birfield seal kit installed. Not sure if I want to try that myself.

Just had my fj62 serviced by Josh. He informed me that he´ll be taking his business closer to St Helens, OR in the coming months. Good news, he´ll still be around! I appreciate the work he´s put into my cruiser! Glad, I´ll still be able to rely on him & Larry!

Just had my fj62 serviced by Josh. He informed me that he´ll be taking his business closer to St Helens, OR in the coming months. Good news, he´ll still be around! I appreciate the work he´s put into my cruiser! Glad, I´ll still be able to rely on him & Larry!

I've never met Josh or used his shop (though it's only a few blocks away), but I always felt better knowing he was there if I ran into an issue. And who doesn't like checking out all the Cruisers as you drive down Willamette?? Happy to hear he'll still be around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom