Will any land cruiser center caps fit this new 18 inch tundra wheel? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think they will fit, I cut a hole on the fronts to allow the dust cover to clear the wheel cap.
uqlzpd8okvuuzz1nvjnd.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up getting the 18 inch Tundra wheels - from the '07 and up years.
I have an LX but from my research here only the LC center caps fit.
I like the new look - the 18's look much better than the 16's - especially with the new Michelin AT2 285/65/18 tires.

Here is the old 16 inch wheels
044sm.jpg

And with the new 18 inch tundra rims
IMG_0829sm.jpg
IMG_0827.JPG

The stock center caps from my 99 TLC fit them fine. The truck handles way better with 18s, kept the 16s for offroad. :)

Nice rims!

Very enticing to move to 18s . . . but plan on being on 16s until she dies.

18's are nice, but I like my 17's better lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404357173.665882.jpg

New LC owner here ('99) - I found a local tire shop who has a set of 18" OEM Sequoia wheels. He highlighted the issue with the new center cap being too shallow for the Sequoia wheels but also indicated the lug size would be an issues as well (14 mm compared to 12 mm). For those that have gone to the 18" rim... was there an issue with using a 12 mm lug?

The '08+ 5-lug Sequoia uses the same 14x1.5 studs as the 100 series. The pre '08 Sequoia (6-lug) uses the 12x1.5 studs.

Craig where did you get those 17's from? How do you like the Toyos??

Thanks. It's definitely a unique look!

Craig where did you get those 17's from? How do you like the Toyos??

From a guy on mud. He got them from Australia I believe. I was lucky to find a 5th spare from Cruiser Parts.net.

Love the Toyos. Glad I regeared. They are E rated 34's so they are heavier....

From a guy on mud. He got them from Australia I believe. I was lucky to find a 5th spare from Cruiser Parts.net.

Love the Toyos. Glad I regeared. They are E rated 34's so they are heavier....

How'd I know it wouldn't be an easy answer!

I'm looking at 275/70/18 (no lift yet) and trying to decide between Toyos, Nittos, and Coopers. Also might try to pick up some tundra wheels, this chrome is still killing me. Thanks for the response.

The '08+ 5-lug Sequoia uses the same 14x1.5 studs as the 100 series. The pre '08 Sequoia (6-lug) uses the 12x1.5 studs.

Thanks again Hoser... I convinced the tire shop that my '99 had 14mm lugs. I swapped the 285/20s for 275/18s this morning.

Old (sorry for the pic quality)
IMG_3994.PNG

photo-2.JPG

New
IMG_4009.JPG
IMG_4006.JPG

I made the assumption that the wheel caps for an older Land Cruiser ('99) would fit these new wheels.

You can see from the pictures that they are close... But are too tight.

Any idea if there are other types of "deep" caps that will fit these wheels? Any other suggestions other than boring out a spot to make the shallow caps fit?

Thanks.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421461724.917146.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421461764.288092.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421461799.289278.jpg

So I picked up a set of '09 18" Tundra wheels with very young tires for a steal on Craigslist. I plastidipped them, used a hole saw to drill out the centers of the front center caps to accommodate the longer grease cap (as others have done with success) on my '03 100. They look great, but the front center caps won't go on even though the grease caps aren't impeding them. It looks like they're getting hung up on the hub bolts (not the lug nuts). Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else run into this issue?

So I picked up a set of '09 18" Tundra wheels with very young tires for a steal on Craigslist. I plastidipped them, used a hole saw to drill out the centers of the front center caps to accommodate the longer grease cap (as others have done with success) on my '03 100. They look great, but the front center caps won't go on even though the grease caps aren't impeding them. It looks like they're getting hung up on the hub bolts (not the lug nuts). Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else run into this issue?

you will need to buy the center caps off the lc 18 inch wheels. ATTACH=full]1045569[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426382878.052082.jpg
    ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426382878.052082.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
strange because it seems others have done the same swap.....

I used the lc center caps off the 16s that fit, but loosely. Every Time I went mudding, I ended up loosing one or two each time until I bought the center caps that were made for the 18s. I never tried cutting out the center of the tundra center caps. I have been mudding many times with the center caps made for the 18s lc on the tundra wheels and haven't lost a center cap yet. I haven't tried cutting out the tundra center caps. I am sure you could make it work, but know for a fact that the 18 inch center caps made for the lc work great for the tundra wheels on my lc. The 16s, not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom