Will 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers rub with EvoCorse 17x8 ET+40 on a 2018 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DasKeyserSoze

SILVER Star
Threads
I can't seem to find a definitive answer, but I want to run 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers with the ET+40 17x8 Evo Corse wheels. I've heard that there is potential for rub on KDSS and I've read that they fit great with zero rubbing. I have a 2018 200 and Kings; don't mind removing mud flaps and doing some minor trimming and/or heat massaging, but I'd rather avoid issues with KDSS rubbing. Anyone able to confirm that I'd be OK? Thanks!

With that combo, if anything, the KDSS rub will be at full lock, in reverse. I would bet at ET+40, it won't even do that.

I’m running 285/70r18 RGs on +25mm and I have contact that’s is undetectable from the driver seat. If my wheels were another 15mm in, it would be an issue.

Will it rub the KDSS bar, most likely. Will you be able to detect it from the driver's seat, ehhh mmmaybe?

I have that exact wheel and tire combination and I ever so slightly rub on the passenger side of the KDSS at full lock on a left turn (mud flaps removed and plastics trimmed in front part of wheel well). It rubs enough that I can feel the tire lugs through the steering wheel; I only feel this at the very end of steering wheel rotation.

Folks want a hard and fast rule on tire size and fit but unfortunately there are small differences truck to truck that make it impossible to definitely say. My wheels/tires on another truck rubbed on the driver side bar. The body/frame alignment seems to vary a couple millimeters between trucks per Rob's experience and measurements, so when you're pushing for max tire size these extremely small variations can present themselves in different locations.

In my opinion, this small rub is worth the trade off and I won't ever run less than a 285/75. Now if it was a BFG or some other brand in the same size, would it still rub? Not a clue. The only thing I would do differently is custom order my offset on the EC wheels, I actually would go slightly more aggressive and push them out a little more, much like observation in the previous post. I'd probably order something between +25mm and +30mm.

So what happened? Do you have an update? Did they ever rub. I’m researching Dakarzeros on BFG 285/75 or 285/70 and I came across this post.

sorry for not closing this out...I wound up going with a slightly different setup. Wheels are PCOR 17x9 w/ +35 and 285/75 Ridge Grapplers don't rub at all for daily driving. I've had some rubbing while flexing/articulating while on trails but they were pretty stuffed.

sorry for not closing this out...I wound up going with a slightly different setup. Wheels are PCOR 17x9 w/ +35 and 285/75 Ridge Grapplers don't rub at all for daily driving. I've had some rubbing while flexing/articulating while on trails but they were pretty stuffed.
Pics?

Let’s see the pictures! Great size tire for the 200.

PXL_20201211_003128322.jpg

Man I like the look of those PCORs and the offset is just right

The center caps they came with were a little too much for me, so I removed them and am sporting these to support a local shop. Rake looks a little exaggerated in this picture for a couple reasons...some slope in the driveway and the 40gal AUX tank is empty.

Since the original thread was about rubbing, it is worth noting that mud flaps are gone and some minor trimming was done. I am not 100% sure the trimming was necessary, but so be it.

The center caps they came with were a little too much for me, so I removed them and am sporting these to support a local shop. Rake looks a little exaggerated in this picture for a couple reasons...some slope in the driveway and the 40gal AUX tank is empty.
Definitely like what you did with the center cap over what they send. I was eyeing those until I found a deal on RWs that put me at half the cost..
The load rating on those wheels is crazy

Just put 285/75/17 Wildpeaks with +40 Evo corsas on my 2018 lc200 and I have slight rub on driver side kdss bar. Looking back I wish I had with with a +35 or +30 wheel

Bilstein 6112/5160 and SPC UCAs and front mud flaps removed. Slight heat gun treatment to plastics

20221216_185823.jpg

Just put 285/75/17 Wildpeaks with +40 Evo corsas on my 2018 lc200 and I have slight rub on driver side kdss bar. Looking back I wish I had with with a +35 or +30 wheel

Bilstein 6112/5160 and SPC UCAs and front mud flaps removed. Slight heat gun treatment to plastics

View attachment 3196127
Looks great, nice choice of color with those EVOS. They are an excellent wheel but yeah their offsets are a little conservative. How is your alignment ? If you are able to reduce castor a smidge you may gain just enough room to clear the KDSS. From my experience stay above 2.6 degrees of caster to keep good drivability.

Looks great, nice choice of color with those EVOS. They are an excellent wheel but yeah their offsets are a little conservative. How is your alignment ? If you are able to reduce castor a smidge you may gain just enough room to clear the KDSS. From my experience stay above 2.6 degrees of caster to keep good drivability.
Thanks, I need to see if I have any space to play with behind the wheel or not. I know it's close already though.

Thanks, I need to see if I have any space to play with behind the wheel or not. I know it's close already though.
With the SPC UCAs you will have a lot of adjustability where you should be able to get this set up to fit. With my 25mm offset wheels and fixed UCAs I had to trim plastic at the back of the wheel well but your 40mm offset you will be in a much better position to clear the body mount and any plastic at the back of the wheel well.

With the SPC UCAs you will have a lot of adjustability where you should be able to get this set up to fit. With my 25mm offset wheels and fixed UCAs I had to trim plastic at the back of the wheel well but your 40mm offset you will be in a much better position to clear the body mount and any plastic at the back of the wheel well.
Yea I just looked at it closer and you are right I have more room to adjust the wheel back and should clear the arm after that. Gonna take it back to the shop that put it all on and ask them to readjust. Thanks! Was thinking I needed the alee relocation bracket but the caster should make me all good!

Agreed that slight fitment variation IMO is more more due to alignment than body variation. That can sometimes make for a pretty big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom