Wildpeak 265/70R17 fits in GX460 spare well with OEM / factory hitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting this because I searched high and low and got conflicting answers. I can now confirm that a Falken WiIdpeak AT3/W P-metric 265/70/17 (31.6") does fit in a 2011 GX460 spare well without being deflated, and I do have the large OEM hitch. It's tight with only about 1/2" clearance between the tire and the sway bar, but it fits.

I sprayed coconut oil on the inner edge of the hitch bar, and it still took some wrestling to get it in there. Ran out of time to see how hard it is to get out, but I'll post back when I find out.

So, being deflated, I assume you're noting that it's maxed out up under there, right?

So, being deflated, I assume you're noting that it's maxed out up under there, right?

FOR CLARIFICATION: "....does fit in a 2011 GX460 spare well without being deflated"

In other words, I did NOT need to deflate the tire, but yes, the fit was maxed out.

My bad. I read it wrong... Although I don't think one could get even one size larger even with deflating unless they had some way of compressing the tire. Then the whole thing would be more trouble than it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom