Who needs FJ60 parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Due to the broad range of the post, not sure if this really fits in the buy/sell thread....

I picked up an 85' FJ60 sight-unseen on the internet as a "parts truck". After looking it over, I've decided to try and restore it. When I got it, it did not run....something funky in the electrical between the ignition and the starter. I didn't chase it down any farther because I don't want to try and keep two 2Fs running, so I'm doing a V8 swap. That brings me to....Who needs FJ60 parts?

Just about everything under the hood is available. I've pulled the bumpers, mirrors, carb insulator, lower t-stat housing, and a coolant hose line. Other than that, I'll keep the braking components and everything from the transmission back.

I also have an extra rear PS door and a handful of other random parts from the PO. Front seats are available too (although DS is welded and doesn't recline). If you or somebody you know needs something, let me know. If you want to come down to Fayetteville and pull some parts, that's cool too.

I'm totally open to reasonable monetary offers, SBC 350 parts trades, firearms/parts/accessory trades, and bourbon.

So, your pulling the 2f and swapping in a v8, keeping the h42 and split case? If so, that’s the same swap as my 60, I have the 5.7 vortec. It’s fun to drive, although lately mine hasn’t driven much.

So, your pulling the 2f and swapping in a v8, keeping the h42 and split case? If so, that’s the same swap as my 60, I have the 5.7 vortec. It’s fun to drive, although lately mine hasn’t driven much.

Correct...what do you have between your V8 and h42? I'm looking at a Ranger OD.

That would be pretty cool. I have a Downey adapter. It definitely wants another gear

That would be pretty cool. I have a Downey adapter. It definitely wants another gear

I looked at the adapters from AA, but realized that the OD was only another $100, gives the gear splitting, and also keeps the drivetrain in place while putting the engine in the proper location.

Don't allow an adapter or overdrive box dictate the position of your drive train. I use the stock cross member in all my swaps and just modify it to accommodate the position I choose to set the drive train. A swap is a big job with a good deal of fabrication, making the cross member work is not that much more work overall.

28278950_1822440641120152_2620646028987003489_n.jpg

28059234_1822440561120160_3860176736620859691_n.jpg

28056710_1822440507786832_6573207657343309191_n.jpg

@NCFJ thanks for the advice and nice fabrication work! I'm just getting into learning some metal fabrication and welding; I find it fascinating and thoroughly enjoy solving a "problem" by creating something myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom