Who has a RTT mounted on factory rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm picking up an ARB RTT tomorrow and because I'm getting it for such a great deal, I don't have time to research (or my wife's blessing) to buy a completely new rack system. I was told by installing a 3rd crossbar that it would hold the weight of the rack. But as far as mounting the rack, I have yet to find examples of how someone mounted it to the OEM rack.

Any thoughts on how best to do this?

type this on search: "rtt stock" or "rtt factory" and search the 100 forum you get a lot of hits for lots of good discussion installing rtt on stock rack... the consensus is yes you can do it but install on the rails and not on the crossbars.

type this on search: "rtt stock" or "rtt factory" and search the 100 forum you get a lot of hits for lots of good discussion installing rtt on stock rack... the consensus is yes you can do it but install on the rails and not on the crossbars.
Thank you @95Fantasma80
That's what I'm reading as well. I'm looking for instructions on how other have done it. So far it's just discussion if it can be done - or if it should be done. Nothing yet of how to get it done. But I'll keep looking.

Thank you @95Fantasma80
That's what I'm reading as well. I'm looking for instructions on how other have done it. So far it's just discussion if it can be done - or if it should be done. Nothing yet of how to get it done. But I'll keep looking.

What do you mean how would it be done?

Just put the u bolts around the more sturdy side rails vs. the flimsy cross bars

I believe it would also mean that the tent would have to open over the back depending on how the mounting brackets are set up. That's at least how it was on my old Tepui.

I used to have the GFC tent mounted on my stock rails with the help of some Yakima crossbars. I had it like this for a couple months. No issues.

1 (2).jpeg

Th
What do you mean how would it be done?

Just put the u bolts around the more sturdy side rails vs. the flimsy cross bars

I believe it would also mean that the tent would have to open over the back depending on how the mounting brackets are set up. That's at least how it was on my old Tepui.
Thanks for that. The person I'm buying the tent from doesn't have the U bolts. I found these instead: Mounting Bracket Set
Just waiting for them to get here - excited for my new RTT. ARB Simpson III

Check this one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom