White Rim trail planning help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They say that and have it signed, but while we were there, they let a guy with an 80 and camp trailer all the way down to the camp sites. He goes by "LifeOverland" here in ih8mud. You can ask him about the trailer situation.

Since the ranger station is astride the road on the way in, little risk to drive down and ask! The ranger is a super nice and helpful guy right now, does a lot of his patrol on mountain bike.

I thought the North Rim area was pretty cool, and there were only a handful of people in the entire area when we were there in May.

They say that and have it signed, but while we were there, they let a guy with an 80 and camp trailer all the way down to the camp sites. He goes by "LifeOverland" here in ih8mud. You can ask him about the trailer situation.

Since the ranger station is astride the road on the way in, little risk to drive down and ask! The ranger is a super nice and helpful guy right now, does a lot of his patrol on mountain bike.

I thought the North Rim area was pretty cool, and there were only a handful of people in the entire area when we were there in May.
Sounds like my experience of camping at White rim without a permit no one seemed to care when told.

Bringing this back up.

We are thinking about doing the white rim again this year, in probably less than optimal conditions. Due to kids school schedules, the earliest we could probably get out there would be mid-June and we will most likely be solo.

Any opinions on going this late in the season? I know it will be hot-ish (maybe not by Phoenix standards), weather almanac shows low to mid 90s early in Jun and over 100 late June.

Thoughts / Opinions?

Bringing this back up.

We are thinking about doing the white rim again this year, in probably less than optimal conditions. Due to kids school schedules, the earliest we could probably get out there would be mid-June and we will most likely be solo.

Any opinions on going this late in the season? I know it will be hot-ish (maybe not by Phoenix standards), weather almanac shows low to mid 90s early in Jun and over 100 late June.

Thoughts / Opinions?

Daytime temps are doable with AC, its sleeping at night in the heat that is the hardest IMO

Thanks Phil, we reserved dates in early June so we should be good. Now worried about the Green River high water conditions forcing us to return the way we came (we are going CW from Shafer to Mineral Bottom). We are bringing plenty of water and extra fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom