Whip and flag for driving on sand dunes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m thinking of visiting the Pismo Beach sand dunes in Southern California this weekend and I’m wondering where you guys bought your whip and flag for driving on sand dunes? Also how do you mount it to your GX? I don’t have a roof rack just yet and I’d like to not do anything permanent until I get my roof rack installed.

Here are the whip and flag regulations:
  • A whip is any pole, rod, or antenna securely mounted on the vehicle that extends at least eight feet from the surface of the ground, and must stand upright when the vehicle is stopped
  • The flag must be solid red or orange colored, a minimum size of 6" x 12", and within 10" of the top of the whip.

I’m thinking of visiting the Pismo Beach sand dunes in Southern California this weekend and I’m wondering where you guys bought your whip and flag for driving on sand dunes? Also how do you mount it to your GX? I don’t have a roof rack just yet and I’d like to not do anything permanent until I get my roof rack installed.

Here are the whip and flag regulations:
  • A whip is any pole, rod, or antenna securely mounted on the vehicle that extends at least eight feet from the surface of the ground, and must stand upright when the vehicle is stopped
  • The flag must be solid red or orange colored, a minimum size of 6" x 12", and within 10" of the top of the whip.
You can go to Amazon and get it in two days:

Suction cups. Work great, nothing permanent.

Suction cups. Work great, nothing permanent.
Just make sure you wash your car/window first!! Haha-ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom