Which tools come in GX factory kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com
Anybody get more tools than me in the factory kit? It looks like I'm missing 8, 10,12, 14 wrenches, maybe a ratchet of some sort. I'm guessing mine were never provided since the guy who owned it before me doesn't seem like the sort of dude that would change his own tire, much less turn a wrench. Mine is a 10' premium.

IMG_8980.jpg

same same, figured mine grew legs and walked off...guess that's how it was . I have a 2017 luxury
Just found this on eBay - TOYOTA PRADO 150 TOOL KIT AUG 09 - AUG 17 ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INC CASE GENUINE | eBay

Not sure it it's really worth finding the missing tools. It would probably be a bit cheaper to buy the missing wrenches than a buy dedicated set of good wrenches. Although I'm not sure I'd trust the ones in the kit to get me out of a jam 20 miles down a forrest road.
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 6.12.05 PM.png

PN: 09130-50030 / Pliers
PN: 09141-50050 / 8-10 Spanner Wrench
PN: 09141-50060 / 12-14 Spanner Wrench
PN: 09155-74010 / Spark Plug Wrench
PN: PT420-00080 / First Aid Kit

Like you had that s*** on speed dial ; ) Thanks!
Acrad (formally: 22Eyunu35VO) is a Wikipedia of GX's! I've already suggested he change his login to WikiMan, WikiGX or something like that!

Last edited:
PN: 09130-50030 / Pliers
PN: 09141-50050 / 8-10 Spanner Wrench
PN: 09141-50060 / 12-14 Spanner Wrench
PN: 09155-74010 / Spark Plug Wrench
PN: PT420-00080 / First Aid Kit
I got the tools today that you posted. However, there's still one missing up at the top left hand corner.

20230314_145642.jpg

20230314_145647.jpg

Reactions: r2m
I forgot all about this thread. Now I rock a full set of 1/2" sockets and an impact, full set of pliers and vice grips, ratcheting spanners, deadblow... essentially everything you need to change a CV axle on the trail or anything short of that.

Considering my pathetic wrenching skills.... I guess I got a little carried away : )

• Haha
Nevermind lol, I had put it in wrong, nothing missing now.
Can you post another picture with the correct configuration?
Even better, if you have the time and talent to label each of the tools (tool number) within the tray!
This will help those who have a partial tray (like myself) and can see exactly what is missing and where, then order.

Nice! Yeah, I'm going to load mine up but not sure where to keep them. My yukon has all kinds of places to hide things (cubby holes, under seats, etc), but the 460 I'm still learning what all can come apart to put things in.
I forgot all about this thread. Now I rock a full set of 1/2" sockets and an impact, full set of pliers and vice grips, ratcheting spanners, deadblow... essentially everything you need to change a CV axle on the trail or anything short of that.

Considering my pathetic wrenching skills.... I guess I got a little carried away : )

Can you post another picture with the correct configuration?
Even better, if you have the time and talent to label each of the tools (tool number) within the tray!
This will help those who have a partial tray (like myself) and can see exactly what is missing and where, then order.
This is what mine had when I bought it:
20230314_182724.jpg

These are the tools I bought for it and where they go:
20230314_182406.jpg
20230314_182423.jpg
20230314_182428.jpg

20230314_182728.jpg

Interesting that they include a spark plug puller in such a paltry selection of tools. I guess that's in case of water ingress? As in to pull them after a submersion. I thought I saw the 24/7 4WD guys pull the plugs on when one of their petrol trucks got swamped in water a crossing. I think they pulled all the plugs and then bumped the engine a few times which pushed the water out, then they wrapped her up and drove off IIRC. I wonder if that's why they include it since theres only a screw driver, s*** pliers and a few spanners too small to do anything serious.

Interesting that they include a spark plug puller in such a paltry selection of tools. I guess that's in case of water ingress? As in to pull them after a submersion. I thought I saw the 24/7 4WD guys pull the plugs on when one of their petrol trucks got swamped in water a crossing. I think they pulled all the plugs and then bumped the engine a few times which pushed the water out, then they wrapped her up and drove off IIRC. I wonder if that's why they include it since theres only a screw driver, s*** pliers and a few spanners too small to do anything serious.
Great show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom