which to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if you guys out there with kids think the double cab is definitely worth the money or is the xcab fine.
I have one son that will be in a front facing seat soon.
I want a longer bed but I am a little worried about room in backseat for car seat if there is any?
thanks

x2 on the double cab

are you talking a brand new tundra? or taco? Perhaps I missed something here..just not sure what vehicle you are looking into.

tacoma and not brand new. Im looking for an 05 or an older model if turbod, id like to tow a pop up camper and sometimes a boat.
I know the tundra would be sweet but aint got the coin

are you talking a brand new tundra? or taco? Perhaps I missed something here..just not sure what vehicle you are looking into.

x2 here.... the rear doors on the newest dbl cab Tundra are huge and I think the extend cab would be sufficient.

If you are talking Taco, I'd think you would probably want the dbl. cab.

Edit: Shoot for the dbl cab.

Hey,
I had the exact same decision to make about a month ago. I ended up going with the extended cab- 2003 Tacoma TRD 3.4 V6. I love it. My daughter is 22 months old and in a front facing car seat. It fits perfectly in the center of the rear seats- with both seatbelts criscrossed through it- tight fit. her feet are on the console. It's comfortable- but is tight. I justified it because of the history of the two trucks I was looking at- absolutely love mine... and made the right choice as far as I'm concerned. Obviously- the 4 door would be more in cab room- but it DOES work with the extended cab...

Plus- any longer family trips? that's what the :princess: car is for.

Thanks.
Jamie.

I've got an 01 extended cab, and I can get both girls in forward facing car seats (4 and 6) but it is cramped, and with a rear facing seat forget it.

The 3.4l V6 tows my drift boat and raft trailer (<2000) no sweat, although when the back is loaded with gear as well as towing the raft it requires downshifting on the inclines...drops my mileage to around 15 versus the normal 18.5'ish

has to be a double cab. While you can make it work with an ext cab, it won't be for the long haul. If safety and comfort of your kids are a priority, then go with the Double Cab.

I've had both and if you plan on passengers in the back often
the Dbl cab is the way to go, If you use the bed more then
the Dbl cab is not as useful. I've got full size trucks to use for
hauling so that doesn't matter to me.

Believe it or not my 12yo daughter does not mind riding in the back seat (?) of our 07 Tacoma access cab even on long trips. But as she is getting older, bigger and wanting to take friends on trips we will be stepping up to an FZJ80 more than likely. Now if I had to do it over again I would have bought double cab instead of access cab.

Double cab - my vote with 2 kids who are the primary passengers in the back seat for the last 8 yrs.
Throw in diaper bags, strollers and such and you'll want a camper shell or bed cover. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom