Which IPF's are these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about putting one of these IPF lights on the ARB but am not sure which one yet. I believe the set on the right are the 968's but am not positive which set the ones on the left are; 900 MSR? Anyone know? And does anyone have one of these lights on their ARB bumper? Pics?

The price seems pretty good either way:

Costco - Your search for "ipf" produced 2 results

Thanks all,
Salue

I'm thinking about putting one of these IPF lights on the ARB but am not sure which one yet. I believe the set on the right are the 968's but am not positive which set the ones on the left are; 900 MSR? Anyone know? And does anyone have one of these lights on their ARB bumper? Pics?

The price seems pretty good either way:

Costco - Your search for "ipf" produced 2 results

Thanks all,
Salue

Salue,

The bottom of the description on each page states their model number. :D

The one on the left, 900DDCS(?), looks like either driving or more likely even spot beam patterns (I could be wrong though).

Looks like tow two people that have written the reviews are happy with them. One guy even said that he likes these better than the 968's.

Again, I wonder what light pattern these have...

And as for the 968's... I don't really understand what they mean by 55w & 100w halogen bulbs included...

Does that mean they actually have two bulbs in the assy/reflector or is it one of those 55w=100w business? I hope it's not the latter, but the only lights that I have seen that actually contain two separate halogen bulbs were made by FET (Land Master 216's), so I would be surprised if these economical IPF's would have them.

I guess as people usually say... it depends on what you plan on doing with the lights: high-speed drivingin the dark backroad/highway or slower speed which you might want to have a wider and closer beam pattern.

What would be great is if you can get a pair of lights that actually had fog and driving (or driving and spot) light patters, with H4 bulbs.

Anyway, I think at lot of it is also personal preference(sp).
But those prices do look pretty good. Not sure if I would be happy to be getting the extra (even higher wattage) bulbs or nervous that they're supposed to burn out quick or something!

You know I just can't stay away from threads with lighting question/info! :doh:

HTH's and good luck!

Let's hope others with personal experience would chime in...

[EDIT]
:doh: It says at the top of the left light's description that they have the driving light pattern.
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
the ipf 968's i got from a fellow mudder came w 2 sets of bulbs. only one set is used 55 or 100W. I have the 100W installed in mine and they are great.

D

Thanks for chiming in!

I wonder why they throw in the extra bulbs???

It's nice, but a bit unusual!

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see the model # at the bottom. Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate all the input as well.

Now the next question is; is the $150 (900) IPF really worth that much more than the $90 (986)?

Cheers,
Salue

Thanks for chiming in!

I wonder why they throw in the extra bulbs???

It's nice, but a bit unusual!

55W can be legal driving lights (on road) 100W are off-road only.

55W can be legal driving lights (on road) 100W are off-road only.

:idea: Makes sense!

But a lot of folks run high-wattage aux. lights w/o getting pulled over, don't they???

Or is it something that the law enforcements do not check strictly and that you can usually get away with it?

Just wondering!

It all depends on your local laws, location & aiming of your lights, etc. If your blinding others, you might get pulled over no matter what wattage you have. My understanding of California law is auxiliary / driving lights can be 55 watts max & mounted at or below your headlights. Lights mounted higher are off-road only & must be covered on-road.

That said, I had the less expensive IPF lights from Costco on my 4Runner. I ran the 55 watt bulbs for awhile then changed to the 100 watt ones & though they were brighter, I didn't think the usable light output was that much more. I did not do any real testing, just my opinion.

It all depends on your local laws, location & aiming of your lights, etc. If your blinding others, you might get pulled over no matter what wattage you have. My understanding of California law is auxiliary / driving lights can be 55 watts max & mounted at or below your headlights. Lights mounted higher are off-road only & must be covered on-road.

That said, I had the less expensive IPF lights from Costco on my 4Runner. I ran the 55 watt bulbs for awhile then changed to the 100 watt ones & though they were brighter, I didn't think the usable light output was that much more. I did not do any real testing, just my opinion.
Thanks for your input!

I ran the ones on the right. They worked good but I ended up selling them shortly after another member found the $100 HIDs: Kragen 7" HID Off Road Light - CSK Checker Auto Parts
They cost more but are much brighter.
Yeah, I remember about quite a few folks getting them and liking them.

It looks like the site you've given has a really good deal if you can either get four (two pairs) by yourself or go in on it with someone as it would drop the price to $77.50/each, plus shipping.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see the model # at the bottom. Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate all the input as well.

Now the next question is; is the $150 (900) IPF really worth that much more than the $90 (986)?

Cheers,
Salue

I spent the extra and really like them. They are a little on the large side though and stick out from the bumper. (yes, a new bumper is in the near future)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom