Where to get RDB brackets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1Fine40

Rust Buster
Threads
Like the subject says, I'm wanting RDB brackets for my '78-40, and don't want to deal with ummmm, let's just say dealers and such that tend to piss off the list :doh:....like JTO for example. :-X

Any good sources out there?? Thanks

Well I'll play devils advocate here, I have spent a ton of money with JTO, never had a problem......I really like his DB brackets too.
Maybe he pays a bit closer attention to my account?

Butch

You assume "one" pissed off person reflects everyones opinions....as I stated in the other thread, for every unhappy poster there are 100's of happy, yet silent ones. JTO, or any other vendor, would not be in business long if their service and products were unacceptable for everyone.

IMO, the price and product provided by JTO for these brackets is on par with any other vendor.

I got mine from a LCML lister who ran a short run. I read some time ago he was going to do another, but I can't remember who it was. Don Kinzer maybe?
A LCML archive search might come up with the answer.
www.birfield.com
The only issue was you had to drill the slider pin holes yourself and it has to be perfect.

I've never had a problem with JTO. Joe's a good guy.

[quote author=Gumby link=board=1;threadid=7670;start=msg64419#msg64419 date=1069119033]
I got mine from a LCML lister who ran a short run. I read some time ago he was going to do another, but I can't remember who it was. Don Kinzer maybe?[/quote]

Bill Jackson, and he's no longer doing them....economies of scale.

The drawings for brackets are in the tech section, however a single pair of them from a machine shop won't be cheap....that's were Bill ran into problems.

:( ummm, i think i saw more than one disgruntled customer in that thread woody.....i could add my name to the list, but why?
if jto chooses to randomly jack customers, why would i risk it again?

:flipoff2:

I had problems with them too and they said they would take care off it and didn't but I am about to use the weld on brackets cost about 15 bucks cant remember who sells them

[quote author=1Fine40 link=board=1;threadid=7670;start=msg64462#msg64462 date=1069125492]
:( ummm, i think i saw more than one disgruntled customer in that thread woody.....i could add my name to the list, but why?
if jto chooses to randomly jack customers, why would i risk it again?

:flipoff2:
[/quote]

tell ya what, next time ya work on your truck, get all excited and call your friends everytime a bolt you install or remove goes smoothly, just the way you planned...

...and don't call them to bitch when one crossthreads or refuses to come out...

...then tell me how many calls you made. I'll bet it's zero, cause you don't care that things went the way you planned, but get upset when things don't.

Woody Sez:I'll bet it's zero, cause you don't care that things went the way you planned, but get upset when things don't.

Look, my point in this thread is simple. We are a relatively small community of enthusiasts. Most of us don't have the money or the time to deal with vendors that don't deliver what they advertise. Why do you think "Man it ain't free" started paying more attention to their customer service? Perhaps a little pressure from their customers provided the needed drive??
If a vendor doesn't think it prudent to be up front, honest, and forthright with their customer, why the heck deal with them? They get your CC numbers,etc., and should be able to deliver what they claim. Mistakes, sure they happen all the time,,,made a few myself lately :D. But if I take someone's money and then screw up, I owe it to them to fix the problem promptly. With certain vendors, that ain't happening, which is why we have a forum to point that out....right?? :slap:

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom