Where to find fall color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks -

Looking to take my wife and another couple for some light road / trail riding to see some fall color. Not yet sure if we are doing the Asheville or Boone / Blowing Rock / Banner Elk area. Any thoughts on trails I can navigate with my 200 series to show them some off the beaten path color? I can also take my 80 series if needed.

Thanks!

Hi Folks -

Looking to take my wife and another couple for some light road / trail riding to see some fall color. Not yet sure if we are doing the Asheville or Boone / Blowing Rock / Banner Elk area. Any thoughts on trails I can navigate with my 200 series to show them some off the beaten path color? I can also take my 80 series if needed.

Thanks!
If you end up on 105 in the Linville Gorge area, the Wilson Creek are is gorgeous. It's only a few minutes away from 105. Look for Mortimer on the map.

If you end up on 105 in the Linville Gorge area, the Wilson Creek are is gorgeous. It's only a few minutes away from 105. Look for Mortimer on the map.
Ok the Boone / banner elk area is confirmed. If anyone has coordinates or whatnot for these spots I’d be grateful.

Thanks all!

Unfortunately 192 has been closed. Makes a good loop with 105 and back down to Mortimer.

Don’t need coordinates. Get a map and go explore. Still fun to go Wilson creek scenic byway up to Mortimer, turn west on 90 up edgemont road to 221 and west to roseboro back down to edgemont/Mortimer. Or stay up on 221 and pop into blowing rock for a meal/drink and then over to linville gorge and south down 105. I’d expect some traffic on the blacktop and 105 this weekend.

Or you essentially just circled brown Mtn OHV if you wanted to make a light wheeling day of it. Nothing crazy there. More bikes and sxs

Thanks guys! Here's the route I'm thinking of as we want to spend some time in Boone and are staying in Banner Elk - LMK if you see room for improvement or places we're missing we shouldn't.

Thanks!!!

If you’re going this weekend, the leaves are at their peak. Bring some patience and be ready to have a lot of friends on the parkway, in Banner Elk, and in Boone. And everywhere else, really. But especially Banner Elk and Valle Crucis.

Saw every flavor of cruisers but a 60/62 yesterday over along the Parkway. Saw this nugget parked in Blowing Rock. talk about prime parking space!!! Sorry about the windshield glare, i was trying not to run over an errant toddler who escaped their leash system and bolted across Main St to pet a dog on the other side.

20221014_151037.jpg

20221014_151033.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom