Where are the best Interior Headliner/Frame mounting points? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Appreciate any insight on this. I'm looking to mount some straps into the overhead of the interior cabin to hang a surfboard (or two) with minimal movement - I was thinking that I could use some sort of strap/bungee setup drilled into some anchor points. My thinking was that there must be some cross bars or something up there. I've seen similar setups on boats. Seems like a lot of dead space in the cabin, anyone done anything interesting with that space? Open to some creative ideas. Are there any areas to avoid drilling and mounting? What's underneath that headliner and are there any mounting points? Any guidance/photos for those who have removed that assembly would be helpful - it's kind or q black box for me right now. Thanks!

Something like this is what I have in mind-

Last edited:
There’s a couple of push-in plastic “tree” fasteners in the middle of the headliner. You could pull them out and install rubber well nuts for a couple of low-load mounting points.

FF662F89-2E47-4AAB-825E-5E02A599B53E.jpeg

The third row grab handles are a fan favorite as well for solid mounting points. Guess you could use the rear seat handle mounts too.

Here’s an x-ray view of what’s up there:

D8DDA2CE-66E3-4998-AD18-621A037AC844.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom