Body not releasing from frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, i’m in the process of completely changing out all the rubber on my cruiser, and one of the last items I have are the body mounts. I currently have all new mounts and all the old nuts are removed except for what you see as bushing number six in the schematic below. They don’t seem to be actually mounted to the frame anyways. despite this, and also removing the two bolts found under the rear seats attaching the body to the frame, I cannot get the body to release from the frame. I am using a jack under the pinch weld, and every time I jack it up from either side… The body lifts with the frame still attached. Can anyone help with what I might be missing?
7CB54816-F57F-4446-91E1-EAF15AE0B8CC.png

about to do the same shortly, however its a 60 series. If mine works ill let you know what snags I found. If not....ill also be watching this.

about to do the same shortly, however its a 60 series. If mine works ill let you know what snags I found. If not....ill also be watching this.
Finally got it. Took my just moving the Jack around to find the right spot with enough pressure. Also, it made absolutely no difference in the ride quality despite significant degradation to the old body mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom