When to replace, RLCA/RUCA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am refreshing my swayer components and got to thinking about the rear lower control arm and the upper control arm. How would you know or when would you replace the arms. I took some pictures of the bushings as best as I could for reference. When the bushings go out or get bad what does it do to your ride quality? Thanks

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

How many miles? Those still look ok to me. When they fail, you will be able to physically move the control arm side to side by hand and see the play.

They can also be pressed out and new ones pressed in instead of replacing the whole control arm.

How many miles? Those still look ok to me. When they fail, you will be able to physically move the control arm side to side by hand and see the play.

They can also be pressed out and new ones pressed in instead of replacing the whole control arm.
215k thanks

Yes to above. I'm no mechanic but just watch a few "Just Rolled Into the Shop" youtube videos to see what happens when the bushings actually fail...they move A LOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom