Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to take my 4runner to PYS but the tires have seen better days so I was thinking of using my FZJ80 wheels and tires. Can I simply swap the two for the trip? I did some searching and some people mention the use of spacers while others talk about the lug nuts. My 80 has the acorn/tapered seat style lugs.

The 80 rims will go on the 4runner, but you will likely have issues getting the 15" 4runner rims on the 80. You may need a spacer, to clear the calipers. Depending on the shape of the 80 tires, it is slightly possible that the tire may contact the 4runner upper control arm, you only need a TINY bit of clearance, so if its clear at street pressure you should be fine.

The lug nuts should both be tapered.

You can use the 33's off my 40 if you want, they are on 15's. They hook like mad, but are loud....1992 loud.

Thanks for the offer.

The 4Runner wheels are from a later gen 4Runner so they are 16". Not to concerned about the 80 since it is just to keep it off the ground in the garage while I am on the trip.

I think Tony told me that he had spacers on his 4Runner. At any rate, if I have time I will just try to test fit. So I should test the front to do a quick check for clearance?

Scott_sFZJ80 said:
Thanks for the offer.

The 4Runner wheels are from a later gen 4Runner so they are 16". Not to concerned about the 80 since it is just to keep it off the ground in the garage while I am on the trip.

I think Tony told me that he had spacers on his 4Runner. At any rate, if I have time I will just try to test fit. So I should test the front to do a quick check for clearance?

Yup, check the front tire vs the upper CA.