Wheels that fit a 1995 LX450 with Locking Hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swbkrn2003

GOLD Star
Threads
Any Ideas? I want to keep my rims 16" as the tires on the rig coming to me are almost new. I read where the Locking hubs do not fit most rims and BS is also important as well as Hub Centric.
Looking for some assistance for a newbie!

99.9% of all the wheels out there will not have a large enough straight through center bore to slide over. The only wheel that I'm aware of is the SCS F5 wheel.
I had to send the wheels that are on my truck to a machine shop to have the center bore bored out. all the wheels have little lips for center caps to clip on and that is what blocks our big 80 series hubs from sliding through

99.9% of all the wheels out there will not have a large enough straight through center bore to slide over. The only wheel that I'm aware of is the SCS F5 wheel.
I had to send the wheels that are on my truck to a machine shop to have the center bore bored out. all the wheels have little lips for center caps to clip on and that is what blocks our big 80 series hubs from sliding through
Thanks I'll check with them or go to the Machine shop! Awesome source of info!

Then....your lug nuts will have to be changed and you'll only get 6 turns on the stud versus 12 from EOM. The leverage will eventually break your studs if you run 35 inch tires or larger. Difference of a shank lug in a large lug hole vs conical lug with the regular small hole. ( no aftermarket wheel manufacturers makes the large hole for shank lugs) Go with ET lugs if you do switch. In the end your best off staying with stock wheels due to all the BS that comes with changing. I learned the hard way...

Then....your lug nuts will have to be changed and you'll only get 6 turns on the stud versus 12 from EOM. The leverage will eventually break your studs if you run 35 inch tires or larger. Difference of a shank lug in a large lug hole vs conical lug with the regular small hole. ( no aftermarket wheel manufacturers makes the large hole for shank lugs) Go with ET lugs if you do switch. In the end your best off staying with stock wheels due to all the BS that comes with changing. I learned the hard way...
Okay then take off and powder coat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom