Wheeling this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone interested in heading out to the Sunflower mine on Sunday? I've never ran it but have heard about it and just want to explore now that the weather is pefect. If anyone is interested post up and we'll head out.

Would love to but it looks like it would be roughly 2+hrs and 150miles from Tucson. Is this a rough estimate? I think it would be better if I moved to Phoeniz so I could wheel more often. :)

hmm maybe if the new 40 has a plate on it by then

i'll hafta check with the wife since i went out last w/e. i'm really thinkin of another run to desoto mine again soon too, i'll invite this time :D

I'll be out chasing spooks this weekend :eek:
My other club will be running that soon anyhow. We've adopted a good portion of it.

If I can get my center diff lock working, I'd love to run this again. I'll keep an eye here, keep me informed.

-Spike

Hi Juan....I am trying to get clearance for Sunday but haven't yet. I tried to get on telegraph last weekend and it was closed so still haven't been out with the new lift so I am trying hard...will let you know.
Rob

I like Kevin's idea of meeting at the Baja Gas station. We can meet at 8:30 for a 9:00 launch.

Hope to see a bunch of trucks, the more, :bounce2: the more fun

8:30! I have to get up early! :crybaby: :crybaby:

Sounds good, are we just going to the mine and back along the South side of the loop, or all the way around? The South side is stocker friendly with a little spotting, the North side is more challenging, all of it was changed by the floods this spring. The North side had tight brush in places this spring when we were there, after being closed all summer it will be worse, bring your loppers! :D Sycamore was way overgrown when we were there.

Center diff lock? I would say it's required for any four wheeling at all. You may have misunderstood what my problem is: the diff lock on my transfer case is not engaging. All 80's have this center diff lock- it's required for the full time 4WD. I doubt your 55's came with one.

-Spike

RHINO said:
is that needed for this trail? if so i better not run it.

Rhino, please refrain from pulling newbies legs, or at least use a couple of these :D :D :flipoff2:

I ran the Bulldog Canyon prerun unlocked, my CDL wiring shorted at the start of the run. It was cool to feel the viscous coupling working, it's amazing how capable they are, cool setup.

Last edited:
Well as it turns out I can't meet till noon on Sunday so I guess I will have to sit this one out if you are meeting at 8:30.

RHINO said:
sorry, i could'nt help myself :beer:

I'll take that beer next time we meet.

I had a feeling you were joking, but didn't want to be responsible for making someone sit at home. Although, from the amount of runs I've seen posted, you guys do a lot of sitting at home... :flipoff2:

-Spike

hey leave me outta that, i dont post alot of runs i do cause no one showin up. i go out at least twice a month, usually solo.

Well once with new(to me) cruiser gets plates you can count me in on 99.5% of the weekend runs to come

If you guys are for sure taking off at 9am let me know your plans for the day and what direction you will be going on the trail... I might try and meet up with you all on the trail.

clarkrw3 said:
If you guys are for sure taking off at 9am let me know your plans for the day and what direction you will be going on the trail... I might try and meet up with you all on the trail.

Do you know where the trail head is? We use CB channel 4, that may work if you get close. Which trails we take depends on what trucks show up in the morning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom