Wheeling Mar. 14 or 15th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My BJ should be pretty big when it is done but I will also be running around 100-102 inch wheelbase with the coil springs. What size tires are on the truck that you are bringing on saturday?

i'll be on 32's unless i find a deal on some 35's before then. took off my 33's for the winter and know i could go 35's with no problem (minus a little rubbin).
i already rised my rear wheelwells when i replaced them a couple years back.
my truck looks a little silly with the baby tires...
i also want to play around with the springs to get a bit more wheel base.

are you bringing one of the 42's? Haha just get an 80 and swap in axles and suspension. Gain a ton of width and wheelbase.

ya i'm bringing my 42. my 55 is too nice to take in the bush. i thought about 60 series axles, but 80 axles and suspension would be a mind bender, that's as good as it gets. be interested in seeing your bj project.

Well I still have to put my Cruisers together haha. My projects are at my parents farm out in Bashaw. Which is why I can only pluck away at them on my free weekends. I have a lot of fabricating to do to get the axles under the 40, I have to build coil buckets, 3 link the front axle for more flex. Just lots and lots of work. But it should be worth it in the end. Working mostly on getting the 1HDT into the 45 right now, but soon that will be done and then I can either work on the 45 body or axles on the 40. Maybe another free weekend I could take you out and show you my projects.

Oh BTW my friend in the Red Tacoma is 99% coming so should be a good day. Lots of snow out west but with 11 degrees or so should be some slop.

should be a blast, looking forward to it.

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a nice weekend. Wish I could go, but I have a meeting I can't get out of. Have fun for me...

so where are we meeting on saturday? is it the big red star on the map? i don't mind showing up in red deer early, if it makes organizing a meet easier. only thing is my truck is painfully slow(60mph on clear dry roads) i don't want to slow anybody down.
we should probably swap some digits before sat. morning.
eric

If you want to meet in Red Deer I will be at the Tim Hortons on 67th street by highway 2 across from Red Deer motors at 9. But I will be meeting the guy in the Red Taco at the red star on the map at around 10:30 or earlier. Don't worry I drive 100 anyways, need to save on fuel haha. The wheeling is about 15min from the red star. 403-704-3796 FRS radio channel 13-22.

i'll shoot for meeting you at the timmy's. less chance of things getting screwed up that way.
i don't know what doc's plans are, i know the meeting is tonight in edmonton, so he's probably not on here.
eric

I'll meet you at the Tim's too. If I'm gonna make it down there for 9, I'll likely need some fresh caffeine anyway.

i don't know if i can make it now. i'm not sure what happened in the last 12 hours.
the only thing i did different was that i jacked up the rear end o see how much i needed to clear my new tires.
don't know if any of you saw the thread i started in the 40-55 tech section yesterday.
anyway i have a brutal growl that wasn't there yesterday. i knew i had one in 4wd, over 35 mph, but 2wd was fine. now it's even worse and in 2wd as well.
it isn't as bad when under power but when i take my foot off the throttle it sounds bad.
i don't know if it's the t'case or rear end or u-joint?(wishful thinking)
i'm going to call the local wrench today.
s***ty thing is i have a spare tranny/t'case at home in edmonton. might have to rent a truck and trailer and tow it home. ireally don't want to drop big money while i'm in school.
if i can make it out as a passenger i'll let you know tonight.
eric

i don't know if i can make it now. i'm not sure what happened in the last 12 hours.
the only thing i did different was that i jacked up the rear end o see how much i needed to clear my new tires.
don't know if any of you saw the thread i started in the 40-55 tech section yesterday.
anyway i have a brutal growl that wasn't there yesterday. i knew i had one in 4wd, over 35 mph, but 2wd was fine. now it's even worse and in 2wd as well.
it isn't as bad when under power but when i take my foot off the throttle it sounds bad.
i don't know if it's the t'case or rear end or u-joint?(wishful thinking)
i'm going to call the local wrench today.
s***ty thing is i have a spare tranny/t'case at home in edmonton. might have to rent a truck and trailer and tow it home. ireally don't want to drop big money while i'm in school.
if i can make it out as a passenger i'll let you know tonight.
eric

If you need a passenger seat, I'll have one. Let us know what you find out today. Maybe someone from up here is headed down to Calgary can haul down the spares, if it's the t case and someone can't let them in to get them.

ya think i'll be looking to ride shotgun.
booked to have my t-case rebuilt on tuesday.
a bit of a blonde moment on my part this morning, before first coffee.
forgot that i shifted into 4wd when i jacked up my truck yesterday.
figured this was my last warning before a failure so i am gonna bite the built and spring for the rebuild.
timmy's at nine it is.
eric

ya think i'll be looking to ride shotgun.
booked to have my t-case rebuilt on tuesday.
a bit of a blonde moment on my part this morning, before first coffee.
forgot that i shifted into 4wd when i jacked up my truck yesterday.
figured this was my last warning before a failure so i am gonna bite the built and spring for the rebuild.
timmy's at nine it is.
eric

See you there, should be a fun time. I put my TSLs on this afternoon, they definitely get a bit squirrely on ice. :hillbilly:

Sounds good guys sucks about your rig though. Was looking forward to seeing a 40 in action haha. See you guys there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom