Wheeling around the SF Bay Area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
What are your favorite places around the SF Bay Area to go four-wheeling?

I'd sure like to know, I live in San Rafael, and usually find myself up off of donner summit somewhere. I've always figured there must be some hills in the east bay or something....hollister is a ways away...

Hook up with Pacific Mountain Cruisers... they are based primarily in Sonoma and Napa counties, but their membership is all over CA, OR and NV, and they have a calendar just full of off road and social type events... the next one Covelo to Clear Lake, overnight, covering about 80+ miles of forest service roads. Then its off to Frolic, Cruise Moab and then our own PMC Fun Day in May.

you can find out more at www.pacificmountaincruisers.com or drop me an e-mail to get on our mailing list for a couple issues of the PMC newsletter...

Tony, PMC membership, VP

I'll vote for anywhere with PMC. They sure showed me a good time when I was there.

Cruzilla did too, but he lives in the hills, not sure if he counts.

Now I got to fiigure ut how to get back out there and do it again.

There's a cool old logging road that goes from Willits, (off 101) over to Ft. Bragg! It's a 42 mile drive, and a blast. I went one winter after it had snowed a bit up there. There was plenty of deep puddles to cross, and some snow to cruise through. I found the trail in a book, "California Coastal Byways." It's by Tony Huegel, and has maps and descriptions for many dirt roads around the coast of California. they are not hardcore, but they aren't pavement!! :D There's some pics at my photo page:

http://photos.yahoo.com/theoffroadkid

The pics are when I had my Tacoma. I have been back with the Cruiser, but it was during the Summer, and it was graded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom