Wheelbase? - 112.2? Why is it the same? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G Wagons come in SWB and LWB. The LWB has a 112.2 inch wheelbase just like the 08 LC.

wasn't it the other way?
They made the 100 and then at a later point in time, because of the need of a more robust suspension, added the 100 body w/ modified 80 series chassis to make the 105.

Given the massive lead times that car makers work with (often designing replacements before releasing the current model), I doubt the 105 was an afterthought.

Last I heard 100" was the offroad oracle. A 100 series at standard height drags it's bum and belly a lot offroad.

Given the massive lead times that car makers work with (often designing replacements before releasing the current model), I doubt the 105 was an afterthought.

Last I heard 100" was the offroad oracle. A 100 series at standard height drags it's bum and belly a lot offroad.

If the 100-series had a 100" WB it would drag 100-times worse.
122 WB H2 drags nothing.

It comes down to body size vs WB, etc.

See SEMA pics of the 200, you can do it because ARB already has the pieces to build up the 200.

If the 100-series had a 100" WB it would drag 100-times worse.
122 WB H2 drags nothing.

It comes down to body size vs WB, etc.

Of course the offroad oracle is nowhere near the length of the 100 series either. The 40 series was closer.
Too long wheelbase and you drag the belly, too long overhang and you drag the tail.

I'd be willing to throw out that it's a Toyota Auto Body, nee Toyota Boshoku (formerly known as ARACO) assembly line or stamping line issue...for the annual production, until there's a hand-me-down line or press or whatever from Tahara or whereever, we probably won't see LC's with wheelbases over 112".

My $0.02, and strictly a SWAG.

(This may be a job for MOT to investigate. Activate the MOT Beacon!)

Last edited:
See SEMA pics of the 200, you can do it because ARB already has the pieces to build up the 200.

Good luck trying to order those. They are all dress up and actually they are from TJM. We are only now getting Tundra parts, and they are way more aggressive with that than the LC. Until the 200 is released in Australia I doubt that they will start work on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom