Wheel bearing/hub assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My front driver side wheel bearing is humming so looking to replace both, what have you guys/gals had luck with? I see Detroit Axle on Amazon for $145-10 year warranty, local parts store $165 2 year warranty and 1Aauto $170 lifetime warranty. Thoughts or experience? Thanks!

My brother had a 'cheap Chinese' one (Beck Arnley) that he paid about $100 for on Rock Auto. I installed it, and so far, so good. I see them listed there for $102.89 today. I have not put a ton of miles on it, but it totally fixed the noise and no check engine or traction control issues.

If you're going with aftermarket, get something good like a SKF/FAG/Timken bearing (~$70 at Rockauto) and just pay $20 or whatever to press it on the OEM hub at a local machine shop. Or have a friend with a press and bring him some beer. Or buy a press.

Or even get a complete bearing/hub assembly with an OEM Koyo bearing assembled on a hub from one of the smaller third party guys online (I searched "GX470 Koyo wheel bearing" and found a few).

But don't go for cheap crap on wheel bearings and hubs. It's not worth it.

Just doing a little research and I noticed that all the assemblies that have Koyo/NSK or other quality bearings come with a 1-2 year warranty while others, like the Detroit Axle assemblies have a 10 year or lifetime warranty.

Just doing a little research and I noticed that all the assemblies that have Koyo/NSK or other quality bearings come with a 1-2 year warranty while others, like the Detroit Axle assemblies have a 10 year or lifetime warranty.
And?

It's still the cheapest Chinese parts. Kia cars also have 10 year warranties, does that make them better than Toyotas? 😉

People rarely claim those warranties. If a vehicle is far enough on in life to get a wheel bearing it's unlikely to be with an owner for another 10 years and suffer a failure. A lot of people won't have a receipt, fill out a form, and pay shipping to claim $100. They often aren't an expression of confidence in the product but a marketing scheme.

these were a good deal with Koyo bearings. $280 for a pair, can also buy singles. So far so good

So this droning sound has just started for my 2003 GX (115k) and I’m in the middle of a 5k (4 week) roadtrip... does anyone have an estimate on how long I have until it fails completely?

I’m trying to figure out whether I should order new hub assemblies to be delivered along our route or if it will last until we get home.

Just posted this in another thread:
I went with the Toyota all OEM wheel hub assembly from Blue Pit Bearings for the fronts. They are pricey but it's a pretty important part for your truck. I talked to Andy the owner and he is knowledgeable and passionate about his product. I also had the rears done by a local Toyota dealership and it was $1800, lexus wanted $2300.

I’m trying to figure out whether I should order new hub assemblies to be delivered along our route or if it will last until we get home.

i should be fine to last you til you get home and then some, you can always jack the appropriate side and check for play in the bearing for peace of mind

these were a good deal with Koyo bearings. $280 for a pair, can also buy singles. So far so good

So my front passenger side bearing ate itself so im going to replace both. can you give me an update on how yours are fairing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom