What's your Ironman 4x4 bumper experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 16 with the no loop replacement, it lines up well, but yes I'll need to remove the tabs. They don't touch the bumper but if the bumper flexes there could be some contact.

You can send me an IM w your email or ce and I can send pics.
Does anyone know the best way to remove the tabs, angle grinder w what kind of wheel?

image.jpg

I used a Dremel which is like a mini angle grinder with all sorts of small discs and heads, a good tool to have. Once trimmed I smeared the cut edge with clear silicon to prevent any possible water ingress in case it did create any small opening.
Nice I have a hitachi version w dremel attachment assortment box.

The tabs I was referring to are on the bumper not the light. For the most part it clears but I've had some rub in more aggressive terrain. That rust is a weak attempt of removal without removing bumper. Lol

20210412_121036.jpg

The tabs I was referring to are on the bumper not the light. For the most part it clears but I've had some rub in more aggressive terrain. That rust is a weak attempt of removal without removing bumper. Lol

View attachment 2643215
Yours cleared the light tabs? Mine has a nice quarter inch gap from bumper to lights, just not a good enough gap near the light tab.

Yeah the light tab clears from what I can tell but the bumper tab rubs every now and then but I've only noticed it in places like Moab or in Colorado on more aggressive terrain. It would probably be fine but those lights are way too expensive to take that chance.

This is what I did on my IM bumper for my 16' LC200. I used a dremel w/ a small cutting wheel, carefully gave it a cut to make it roomy, and touch up the bare metal.
unnamed.jpg

Are y’all running this bumper with the stock suspension? The plan is to upgrade suspension at some point but with the sped up timeline with the accident, prolly won’t get to it for a couple months.

What’s the general consensus on factory suspension being able to accommodate the added weight up front?

Are y’all running this bumper with the stock suspension? The plan is to upgrade suspension at some point but with the sped up timeline with the accident, prolly won’t get to it for a couple months.

What’s the general consensus on factory suspension being able to accommodate the added weight up front?
I'm running BP51 suspension but also have winch installed in bumper. I was told the bumper by itself is OK to run on stock but I was adding a bunch of weight to the LC so I swapped out suspension.

Yeah see, as far as I can tell, they don't have a no-loop version for anyting below 2016.

Anyone have any luck attaching a D ring shackle to their front factory tow points with this bumper in place? The winch plate hangs over the tow so much, that only a soft shackle can be used in place. Ridiculous design.

Anyone have any luck attaching a D ring shackle to their front factory tow points with this bumper in place? The winch plate hangs over the tow so much, that only a soft shackle can be used in place. Ridiculous design.
No, soft shackle only unfortunately. Their marketing material shows an aftermarket tow point but they haven’t released it for the US market for some reason. One of the negatives of this bumper to be aware of to offset against the price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom