What's up with the weenie horn? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The one-note horn screams cheeeeep. What has anyone used to replace it with? A couple of Hellas? Any problem powering 2 horns with one wire?

Ed "beep-beep":eek:

Nevermind. I found Corey's post on exactly that....with part numbers.:beer:

Ed

I ordered my "high tone" horn from the dealer today. Can't wait to quit sounding weetodded. Corey, thanks for the tip.:beer:

Ed

You are welcome.
It is a lot louder.

I had to lay on mine last week when someone cut into my lane in front of me almost hitting my ARB.
Might not have done much damage to the roo, but I did not want them hitting me.
Horns were so loud they flipped me the birdie :D

You are welcome.
It is a lot louder.

I had to lay on mine last week when someone cut into my lane in front of me almost hitting my ARB.
Might not have done much damage to the roo, but I did not want them hitting me.
Horns were so loud they flipped me the birdie :D

Corey, thanks for your great posts on the mods done to your FJC. The horn went in before I knew it. I was pissed that even with my discount it was $46!!!!
Coulda bought a pair of Hellas for that.
Anyway, I'm much "hornier" now.......thanks to you, uh and the parts guy;)

Ed

While changing my FJ's horn I thought "instructions, who needs em?". Can anyone tell me how to locate the horn fuse?

I'd highly recommend the Stebel (or Wolo Bad-Boy) self contained air horn, it fits into the stock horn location and sounds like a real horn. It does need to be wired with a relay (14ga wire & 20A fuse), as the stock 10A fuse (and wiring) is good for about 2 toots, it will blow the fuse if you lay into the horn for more than a second.

Who would have guessed the horn fuse is in the fuse box? But which one? The answer must be to pull all the fuses and do a visual check.

Who would have guessed the horn fuse is in the fuse box? But which one? The answer must be to pull all the fuses and do a visual check.
be careful....i dropped a wrench on the open top of the fuse block, and cracked and shorted the AC fuse. To replace that was the single most difficult thing i have ever done, on ANY automobile. ( because there were no instructions on how to take apart the fuse block)

When I first installed my PIAA horns, one in stock location and the 2nd in the extra horn contection location.
piaa_horns.JPG

I have since rerouted the 2nd horn to the front
DSC01825.JPG

They are MUCH MORE BETTA!!!!!!!

Chewey, thanks for the post up, good pics. You're a good son....;)

I think I'll go Hella horns..... My buddy had a set in his old heep and man were they loud! Scare the crap out of other drivers with those :D

seriously, the horn on the FJ is weaksauce, my 94 LS400's horn is much much better than the one on the FJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom