What’s in a Name? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really like Elsie.

1981 BJ44 -The Jalopy. Named by the wife and kids because, well.......

former 2001 4Runner Green - @izzyandsue named it MacLeod. It was the last Highlander 4Runner.

2003 LX470 - Jolene. Bought at a Rover dealer. Sales guy asked if I wanted to test a Range Rover. I said, no. I didn’t want a high maintenance super model. Just a comfortable, big-bones gal who likes to play in the woods.

2015 Trail Premium 4Runner - Jenkins named by the wife after This comic for some reason
Jolene going out to VT this year? Got my bandana!

1CD6A4E8-F54B-4ED6-947F-779903A80FED.jpeg

Chloe...named after the chocolate lab my wife and I got shortly after we were married and had with us for the next 13 years. I bought the truck down in Charleston and immediately made the 3+ hour drive back home. During the drive it just came to me that the truck should be referred to as Chloe because, just like the dog, it was slow, made a lot of noise, and had a "distinct" smell. I've rectified all that on the truck (slow is relative), but the name has stuck.

LC.jpg

When we brought my 80 home in 2012, Shannon and the kids immediately wanted to name it Elsie. She's big, heavy, slow, and thirsty so I thought Elsie the Borden milk cow. The name stuck until a few months later we were having a conversation about the name and I said that Elsie was a big tough offroad vehicle and the Land Cruiser needs to be named after something other than a cow. Shannon and the kids burst out into laughter and explained that Elsie is actually the initials L C, for Land Cruiser, not the Borden milk cow. We still call the Land Cruiser "LC" but secretly I think Shannon and the kids really mean Elsie.

View attachment 2367923

I tried changing the name to Shadow last year but that was an udder failure.
My mom is Elsie. And I have always joked about Lc. Awesome

Yeah. We’ll be there. Did you change your mind and decide to come up after all?
Can’t, have other commitments, even if VT will let us in from the infected South. Ironically, may see Peter in NM later this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom