What year of L.C. should I buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

I have had 2 third generation (1996-2002) Toyota 4Runners, someone hit me in both of them and both times they were totaled but I was ok, and both times the other guy had to be taken away via ambulance. I had 265,000 miles on one and 286,000 miles on the other when they were hit and they still ran perfectly on and off road.

So I need another 4WD, I am considering upgrading to a used Land Cruiser or LX-450. I want something used, so I can pay cash for it so it is probably going to have high miles on it.

What are the best years to buy in terms of reliability and off-road capability. I understand some years they were available with front and rear lockers, but I don't know which years..

Thanks for your help guys. ..

Most of 94 and all of 95 thru 97 have the bigger 1fze engine. As for the lockers I believe 94 thru 97 had them as an available option. Maybe 93 but I'm not sure. I've been told only 10% had lockers (again not sure). 95 thru 97 have an updated interior, which I like better. Just keep your eye out and be ready to buy as soon as you find one. Hope this helps. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom