What y’all getting full tank lx570 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just checked 2011 lx570 ..with 285/55/20at3 Toyo

BFC88702-0080-4AED-B40F-E0313C73791B.jpeg

Just in case its news...
...When “cruising range” hits zero, you’ve got about 4 gallons left.

I gotcha I knew that was just saying what I got with 32.4 inch tires bro

Was getting 17.6 mpg on the original OEM 21 inch wheels/tires using 91 octane. After the 18" TRD Pro wheels and 275/70/18 BFG's am getting about 14.6 mpg.

I don't get close to that, I average 13-15 mpg, but I do live in Colorado and drive a lot of mountain passes at high speeds or really slow town driving (which is actually worse for gas)

Just in case its news...
...When “cruising range” hits zero, you’ve got about 4 gallons left.
That is indeed news to me! Is there documentation of this or something I can show my wife who is afraid that I’m going to strand us in the middle of nowhere Texas? 😂

That is indeed news to me! Is there documentation of this or something I can show my wife who is afraid that I’m going to strand us in the middle of nowhere Texas? 😂

;)<Heh...
Just in case you really do wanna prove it...
Next time you fuel up...fuel up when cruise hits zero. Top off your tank...
-Tank capacity is 24.6 gallons. Subtract what you squeezed in from 24.6, and you’ll know you had at least that much in the tank (or a bit more if you didn’t completely top it off.

Takes forever to top it off with that reserve hole .. but I take the time

Isn’t that what the hole near fill neck is for reserve ?

Takes forever to top it off with that reserve hole .. but I take the time

Isn’t that what the hole near fill neck is for reserve ?

Not sure that topping it off is a good idea. It can cause issues with the evaporation canister in most modern vehicles and if you throw an evap code in a n LX, you may be limping home.

Last edited:
;)<Heh...
Just in case you really do wanna prove it...
Next time you fuel up...fuel up when cruise hits zero. Top off your tank...
-Tank capacity is 24.6 gallons. Subtract what you squeezed in from 24.6, and you’ll know you had at least that much in the tank (or a bit more if you didn’t completely top it off.

I usually get 18 gallons and change on fill up once the light comes on, so about 5.5-6 gallons. I have gone up to 40 miles past the light, but still only had 22 gallons. It is so hit or miss though since my mileage is so dependent on every little thing, including have a fun tank of gas 😂

Not sure that topping it off is a good idea. It can cause issues with the evaporations canister in most modern vehicles and if you throw an evap code in a n LX, you may be limping home.
Did this for yrs no codes yet

Yeah, I'm certainly not going to spend any time trying to convince you. Have at it.
Im
Not arguing with u I know exactly what ur talking abt .. was just telling u my experience

Im
Not arguing with u I know exactly what ur talking abt .. was just telling u my experience

Ok, sure, you may not have a code because in the US, all gas stations have excess vapor recovery systems that will suck that excess fuel back out, even though you have paid for it.

But, if for some reason, the station's VRS is not functioning as designed and the excess fuel does end up in your tank, it will wreck your evap canister.

Sadly, there is a reason I know this.

Ok, sure, you may not have a code because in the US, all gas stations have excess vapor recovery systems that will suck that excess fuel back out, even though you have paid for it.

But, if for some reason, the station's VRS is not functioning as designed and the excess fuel does end up in your tank, it will wreck your evap canister.

Sadly, there is a reason I know this.
I fill it to the top takes awhile ... ty for ur info

im
Far from lazy , was referring to the lexus L. ... I try my best to Maintane all my cars truck to the fullest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom