What winch rating for 80's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What winch are ya'll using for the 80's. I've got a Mile Marker 9500 on my 40 and was wondering if that would be good enough to use on the 80. Or should I go bigger?
:beer:

May depend on which winch bumper you have. If you have an ARB you'd be better off with the Warn 12k. 9500 is a bit light for an 80, but doable in most cases. Don't know if it will fit an ARB though.

check my thread in outfitting. Keywords: winch, 8000 etc

Cool, I'll check it out. I've got the ARB, picked it up the other day. Putting a new coat of paint on it this weekend. PO had painted it some time back, did a s***ty job. So I have been sanding on it for several hours, gonna paint tonight.

I've got the good ole trusty Warn 8K and I've used it three times. Each time I have had no problem with it....worst case scenario you use a snatch block and you are up to 16K pulling strength.

I agree, the 12k is probably the way to go. Gonna poke around and see what I can find. Also need to see what will fit the ARB other than Warn.

8K...well, my opinion with some fairly heavy research

unless you are winching all day, most days... an 8K will be sufficient, I got & 8k & winched a bunch in CO this past sept with no probs...or feelings that this was underpowered... fwiw...a milemarker guy told me to buy the warn 8k over their 9500... due to reliabiliy & customer service issues...and he does use 9500 on his heep quite often....

To funny about the milemarker guy. I actually won the winch in one of our club raffle drawings. 20 bucks for three tickets and now it sits on the front of my 40. No complaints here. But you might be right by going Warn. Lots of people like 'em. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom