What to expect with Tacoma pricing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sadly, my trusty FJ80 is going to be replaced. Long story short I just need something newer and more economical. I've always loved Tacomas and would really like to get into a 4cyl 4wd but it seems they are all priced way above kbb suggested retail in my area. Is this just how pricing is with these trucks? I know they are great vehicles but what would a fair price be for a 2000 extra cab with bare minimum options?

Is it possible to find a 2000+ east coast tacoma in decent shape for 9k ?

Any place you guys know of to look?:confused:

I traveled from the Missouri/Oklahoma/Arkansas border to West Palm Beach, Florida to buy mine. Including airfare, first insurance payment, and gas back i paid 9500.00..Its given me some trouble, but I did get it cheap so I figured it would happen. Mine also had an ARB, MM8k w/amsteel blue line, TRD, Swayaway lift, Hellas, and numerous other tid bits...

People tend to hang on to them, like myself thus keeping availability lower and prices a bit higher. I see lots of pre runners for sale. It look my best friend 6 mo to find his 99 ex-cab 4x4 v6. He couldn't be happier. Sold his Wrangler the following week!

I am currently helping my buddy find a 01-04 Double Cab Tacoma and the prices are all high and so is the milage. It looks like he is going to have to do some serious travelling for the right one.

You will find your truck, you will just need to expand your search and be willing to travel a bit. These are solid trucks so when people find the right one they stick with them for a while.

Good luck with the search.

4 years ago I bought one in Texas for less than anything I could find in Cali at that time. Flew out and drove home had a problem in El Paso but still good deal to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom