What tires are you guys running on stock 15" wheels? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hi. Discount Tire says they can't sell me 33's knowing that I'm putting them on an FJ40. Silly, considering I have 33s on it now.

What tires sizes are you guys doing? Apparently BFGoodrich doesn't make any tires that are tall enough but also narrow enough for the 15x5.50 Toyota wheels, but I'm really set on the KM3 Mud-Terrains.

33x10.50 but you need to find an off-road or mom-and-pop shop to mount them.

Tell Discount that they are 5 tire swings you are hanging in your yard.

Discount/Costco/Walmart all stick to tire manufacturer recommendations.

You’ll get different opinions/answers on this just like I did... I did some bit of homework on this and had a secure feeling about the 33x10.50 on stock steelies after reading threads and actually just asking members running these how they felt about it! It’s hard to beat the look IMHO

I was turned away at Discount also... Like @G-Cat says, find a good ‘non-chain’ tire shop... They’ll mount them just as fast as your card is swiped! :grinpimp:

Shop I used said the tires actually went well with the steelies - no bulging issues!

F1FCFD1F-86AC-43FA-AA0E-A3BBDCA4E4F1.jpeg

4E5B5B4E-943B-4192-8DF1-494722DABE85.jpeg

33x10.50 but you need to find an off-road or mom-and-pop shop to mount them.

Tell Discount that they are 5 tire swings you are hanging in your yard.

Discount/Costco/Walmart all stick to tire manufacturer recommendations.
I tried. They're being super difficult and telling me that they can't sell them to me at all, no matter what I say.

I'm replacing because I had a blowout (it's about time, tires are probably 15 years old) and he implied that I had a blowout because my tires were too wide. How long have you been running 33x10.50s with no problem?

Go to Walmart. Then double check lug nuts before you leave. They just mounted my new tires.

Uh.... It’s Walmart where everything is less........... even torquing the lug nuts :hillbilly:

I have trust issues with tire shops. Ever notice lug nuts in the highways close to tire shops?
Had a tire fall of once leaving a mom and pop shop.

Guys have been running 33x10.50s on 15x5.5” wheels for years. It is a typical setup for FJ-40s.

I run 35x12.50 in 15x7. Discount won’t touch them. I ordered the tires during a 4Wheel Parts sale and had a local 4x4 shop mount them.

I tried. They're being super difficult and telling me that they can't sell them to me at all, no matter what I say.

I'm replacing because I had a blowout (it's about time, tires are probably 15 years old) and he implied that I had a blowout because my tires were too wide. How long have you been running 33x10.50s with no problem?

Another option - the harbor freight manual tire changer actually works; I've mounted up a lot of tires with mine. Mounting fresh tires is easy. It did require some reinforcement after struggling with some old hard crusty tires though, if they're too bad (way past the point of being safe to drive on, probably not applicable here, but you can cut the tire off the rim if it's too bad) Nobodys ever refused to balance a tire for me..

A lot of the mom and pop places I have been to take more pride in their work than chain stores, like the last guy I had mount tires - he couldn't really speak english but I watched him carefully take the hubcaps off my old crusty pickup using a rag under the prybar end of the hubcap hammer, and he tightened the lug nuts by hand in proper sequence with a torque wrench. I tipped him well.

There is a tremendous love for the 33x10.5r15 tires on forties, I however have 31x10.5r15s. I'm looking at the Mastercraft Courser CXT tire. It is my understanding that Mastercraft has the same quality control as Cooper tires which have been suggested to try out. Anyways, just thought I'd share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom