What size vacuum hoses are in a 1996 L/C? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am changing out the EGR Modulator, VSV, TB gasket and PCV Hose 1 & 2. I also would like to change out any and all the vaccum lines involving the whole EGR system. With that, what size should I buy and how much? Also, include the lines that are on the canister to the right of the engine bay behind the battery. Thanks!

I really need to know as I am doing this tomorrow (Friday).....

I tried 1/8 inch from Checker, but it sucks. I called CDan and got OEM. No comparison on good snug fit, which is crucial for having no vacuum leaks. OEM is more, like $11 per meter, but well worth it.

x2 for getting the OEM stuff. As you can't wait for CDAN, you can probably just stop in your nearest dealer and get the stuff.

I just had this discussion with CDAN Tuesday of this week and he convinced me that the vac lines for my '96 are an odd ID that I would never find at a local parts store. I did not make a note of what that size is, though CDAN did tell me.

CDAN said he sells them in ~2ft lengths that I then cut to size. IIRC it was $5 per section and he assured me 4 pieces would do everything - so I ordered 5 as I'm a typical cruiser head and like to always have more than I could ever possibly use :D.

CDAN also indicated the additional importance of the OEM replacement vac lines in that they have white squares every inch or so that are used for marking the number of the vac line (which is already on the factory lines). That way, when you have problems later you can reference the line and match it up to the FSM.

So find your local dealer and get the replacement hose.

A good import parts place will sell the metric sized lines. Pulled my throttle body today and got what I needed here in Phoenix. Your results may vary.

Thanks guys. Okay, if 3.5mm is the size of the small hose, does anyone know the other size(s) of the larger?

x2 for getting the OEM stuff. As you can't wait for CDAN, you can probably just stop in your nearest dealer and get the stuff.

So find your local dealer and get the replacement hose.

I tried to score some 22RTE vacuum hose at the local CarQuest. We don't carry that.

So I checked at Little Apple Toyota down the street. We don't carry that. We just go down to CarQuest and get some.

Doesn't everyone wish the Shaman ran their local Toyota parts dept? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom