What size tires did you mount on RW’s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put 285/70R17 Hankook Dynapro M/Ts on mine. Others have mounted 285/75R17 as well.

People have put 35x12.5 on them. It's just are you willing to do the KDSS relo, trimming and spacers, and possibly have a small rub too. The wider the more fit compromises you'll have to make and the more stuff there is to overcome.

Oh yeah, you'll need adjustable UCAs too.

There is a 25mm and 0mm offset thread with some info on how the challenges can be overcome.

Right on. Not looking for 35’s . Could do some Spidertrax spacers. It’s a dd for now so not looking to do more work for now.

295/70r17s would be a great size with overall dimensions of 33.2" x 11.6". That's a size that should drop in with very minimal massaging.

I'd pair that with 1" spacers and call it a day. Spidertrax spacers are 1.25". Just a bit too much such that swing and scrub radius won't be as good.

305 70 17

35x12.5, tundra arms, no KDSS relocate, good amount of trimming, fully usable

0980ECD3-123F-499F-BE1D-DF1C26CA8A82.jpeg

@DirtDawg when you say "Tundra Arms" are you referring to upper and lower control arms? Please provide details on the trimming. Great looking LC.

We trimmed the front mud flaps for our 285/70/R18's. We have light racing UCA's, BP-51's and a 2-3 inch lift. Thanks.

@DirtDawg when you say "Tundra Arms" are you referring to upper and lower control arms? Please provide details on the trimming. Great looking LC.

We trimmed the front mud flaps for our 285/70/R18's. We have light racing UCA's, BP-51's and a 2-3 inch lift. Thanks.
Yes, we did Tundra upper and lower control arms, but with a twist. We decided to go with fabricated arms by Dirt King. These are much stronger than the factory control arms and offer quite a bit more clearance as well.

9AF673DF-FD21-41C7-916E-17D3D587997F.jpeg

We had to remove the front mud flaps, trima little bit of the front splash guard, trim a tiny bit of the plastic molding on the rear of the fender.This molding piece was only trimmed on the inside however, to appear factory from the outside.

The goal with this build was to have lots of ground clearance while keeping the COG low. After an inaugural trip to moab and the San Juan’s, I can say that we have succeeded. Honestly one of the best working rigs I’ve ever driven.

Last edited:
Yes, we did Tundra upper and lower control arms, but with a twist. We decided to go with fabricated arms by Dirt King. These are much stronger than the factory control arms and offer quite a bit more clearance as well.

What axles are you running, stock Tundra or did you also upgrade to DK's longer axles?

What axles are you running, stock Tundra or did you also upgrade to DK's longer axles?
Running stock tundra axles. The longer axles shown on DKs website is for their long travel kit, which is quite wider than the stock length tundra arms.

Running stock tundra axles. The longer axles shown on DKs website is for their long travel kit, which is quite wider than the stock length tundra arms.

Gotcha, thanks! That wasn't immediately clear to me and was just curious. I always forget the LT Tundra stuff is even longer than Tundra arms on a 200, which I always default to thinking as LT. 🤦‍♂️

/thread jack

I just purchased a set of used RW's for $400 and I am having them refurbished. I have a chance to buy brand new 285/70R17 (32.8" @ 51 lbs.) Load Range C BFG KO2's for $600. Seems like a good deal however I don't want to regret not going with something a tad taller. I am getting the Ironman Foam Cell Pros - 2" lift installed with SPC UCL's in the next 2 weeks. Will I be happy with the 285/70R17's? I am thinking they will be my winter set up and much lighter than the 20's I am running now. I want to try 285/75R17's (33.9" @ 61 lbs.) but they are load range E and will cost me more money and + 10 lbs. per corner.
Now you guys have me thinking 295/70's (33.3" @ 66 lbs. (Heavy +$$$)? I don't want to have any rubbing issues that will require more parts and alterations. I want zero rubbing, which i believe going 285/70 will give me. Is that boring or should I push the limit? Thoughts? 285/70 or 285/75? Pros and cons?

Last edited:
I'm on the same boat, cant decide between the 285/70 and 285/75. Leaning more towards the 285/70 because the Terra Grapplers come in a P version in that size and the 285/75 only comes in an LT version.

I'm honestly still not sure. Also, since we have a lift, I am still considering the 295/70/17's. I keep going back and forth. There's a stock newer LC outside with RW's and 285/70/17 BFG AT TA's and I think I want something a bit taller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom