What shocks are these??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I purchased a japanese kzj78 series prado and the importer had almost no history of the vehicle .I am going through everything and the shocks are pretty beat .It has been lifted - but no idea on the height .It is running 33'sx12.5x15 and still has room in the wheel wells for a larger size - the shocks are crusty ,bushings all dry rotted and cracked .They are white with turquoise boots - stamped is EXPLORER 92150 and also another number on them is C2116 .I have no idea how old these are - they are stamped made in the USA .My Prado is a 1995 KZL78 TE .Any help determining what the shocks are or an equivalent replacement would be a great help .2 of the shocks are bad 1 on each opposite corner .Pix attached for reference -
20220425_164642.jpg
20220425_164741.jpg
20220425_164807.jpg

Those are Pro-Comp explorer shocks.

They look old and there are definitely much better options for shocks. Bilstein, Dobinsons etc.

The best way is to measure the distance between mounting points as that will tell you "ride height"

WEBCO_SHOCK_fea.jpeg

From there, the best way is to flex your vehicle and see how far it will compress/extend and then get shocks that fit those numbers. My guess is that there is a Dobinsons/Bilstein/OME/Ironman shock that fits Prado's with 2.5~3" lift.

You can also just figure what shock will have a balanced compressed/extended length to fit with your ride height.

It looks like you have one of the JDM 100mm lifts. The extended travel shocks from Dobinsons should work with that. @GTSSportCoupe is running 100mm springs with the Dobinsons shocks. I have them on my 65mm lift. They ride very nice.

It looks like you have one of the JDM 100mm lifts. The extended travel shocks from Dobinsons should work with that. @GTSSportCoupe is running 100mm springs with the Dobinsons shocks. I have them on my 65mm lift. They ride very nice.

I do hit the limits on the Dobinson's with my lift (fully extend them when articulating). I should upgrade to longer shocks really; but will probably have to extend bump stops a bit then.

With out removing anything is there a way to measure and know what i need all wheels on the ground?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom