What kind of motorcycle should I get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

x infinity the honda 650. it tears it up offroad and will haul you to work no problems. the xr 650 is the best off road but street legalizing it can be a pain depending on your state laws. most states require a battery so the head light and tail light will stay on when the engine is not running. a horn, rear view mirrors, brake lights, and high beam (the xr has none of those it also does not have a key ignition so theft is a possibility) the xr650L has all that stuff but also has a steel gas tank and weighs more, not as good off road. about 10 yrs ago all i had to put on my xr was a brake switch for the brake light, rear view mirrors and a cheap squeezy horn like the kind on a kids tricycle. now it takes alot more. Turn signals are not needed unless they came from the factory with them. (utah state law) there are lots of good enduro options ktm kawasaki yamaha

Last edited:
ATT7210449.jpg
I kinda like this one........

x infinity the honda 650. it tears it up offroad and will haul you to work no problems. the xr 650 is the best off road but to street legalizing it can be a pain depending on your state laws. most states require a battery so the head light and tail light will stay on when the engine is not running. a horn, rear view mirrors, brake lights, and high beam (the xr has none of those it also does not have a key ignition so theft is a possibility) the xr650L has all that stuff but also has a steel gas tank and weighs more, not as good off road. about 10 yrs ago all i had to put on my xr was a brake switch for the brake light, rear view mirrors and a cheap squeezy horn like the kind on a kids tricycle. now it takes alot more. Turn signals are not needed unless they came from the factory with them. (utah state law) there are lots of good enduro options ktm kawasaki yamaha

Baja Designs offers a dual sport kit that will meet all the above requirements. Electric start is a must have anymore for me and Baja designs has a electric start kit for the XR650R.:cool:

The XR650 would be a lot of fun on the street, maybe too much. Keeping the front end down could be a problem.:D The seat is narrow and would suck to ride every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom